Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks
NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks
as usual are never amused!

Fuck 'em.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/neil-...n-twitter/

Quote:On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642
RE: NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks
Calculus will remain forever a mystery to me, but that is more on me than Isaac.

Yea PRINCIPIA !!!
Who was a great scientist but a Jesus freak himself.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
None of those jokes were offensive to Christians. The responses just make the commentors sound like ignorant jerks who can't take a joke.

Quote:IamEvilHomer @Trent_Hill
Follow
@neiltyson you're even a Jackass on Christmas huh?
11:58 AM - 25 Dec 2014
No group - except maybe muslims - has a bigger chip on its shoulder than jesus freaks.

I suppose that is because deep down they know their story is fucking absurd.
How dare NDGT challenge their ignorance on Christmas!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 26, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: as usual are never amused!

Fuck 'em.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/neil-...n-twitter/

Quote:On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642

Lol. What a joyous occasion that surely was.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I was reading through the comments to his tweet. Some of them are mind numblingly stupid.

Quote:Chris Holfelder

@neiltyson "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist" by N. Geisler & F. Turek. You might want 2 read that so U stop sounding like a moron

This was in response to the fact that Christmas has become a shopping holiday.Many Christians would agree with him.

Calling someone like NDGT a moron because he made a joke that many in Christianity would agree sounds pretty moronic to me.
@neiltyson Wrote:This is disrespectful to Christians. Jesus created the science you cherish so much. Everyone finds God eventually, you will too.
I did not know that jesus created science. Learn something everyday.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Yeah, but science created jesus first. Then science let jesus think he'd created science.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15221 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2761 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12800 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36629 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Iceland makes blasphemy legal zebo-the-fat 31 4951 July 4, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christianity even with Jesus is ignorant about some stuff of the old Coreni 11 3808 June 24, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This Minimalist 906 168342 April 28, 2015 at 3:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7211 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Hope For Our Resident Jesus Freaks? Minimalist 2 1375 September 29, 2014 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Reza Aslan Nails The Jesus Freaks to the Wall... Minimalist 14 4182 August 8, 2014 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda