Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all, greetings from an order atheist
Hello all, greetings from an order atheist
Just moments ago after being annoyed and disgusted with the endless flow of religious dogma from every angle it seems. I decided to go online in a search for intelligence.

10 or so years ago I lived in Jax, Florida. There were several places where I'd met and become friends with like minded free thinkers. I belonged to First Coast Freethought Society. I so enjoyed the meetings and many interested lectures from some very knowledgeable scientists, authors and even a couple astronauts.

I relocated in Roanoke, VA. Right in the buckle of the bible belt. Fallwell's Liberty University is about 30 miles away. Well, I''ve all but withdrawn from society. Too many reasons to mention prompted this...namely a career ending injury and the resultant near poverty from going on disability at a relatively young age.

Very soon I'll be in a much more stable financial situation and I will go about a new social life. My house needs much work but fortunately I still have it.

I plan to start a group for enlightened people to meet once a month or something. I will reach out to some universities and the like to find us some good lecturers and such. Something like this is really needed in this area. It can become so unnerving, lonely and just plain depressing around the ceaseless praying, preaching and condemnation that endlessly flows from the righteous flock.

Regardless of your location I'd be happy to hear from you. I have no doubt started to feel a little all alone with my love of science, truth and humanism. I absolutely love animals as well as people. Not at all lacking social skills, tact or conversation even. My current life just offers no opportunities to meet like minded caring people.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. Enjoy your weekend and don't hesitate to contact me for conversation or ideas to get a nice group together.

Later then,

Mark
[email protected]
RE: Hello all, greetings from an order atheist
I'm a hermit and prefer not having to meet people in person, so this forum is about prefect for me. Good luck on your venture though.
Hey there mark, welcome Smile

You sound very similar to me in fact, except I'm in England. I'm also unable to work through illness.

Sorry to hear what you're going through, and that you have to put up with all that religious crap every day. I can't imagine how soul crushing that must be.

I think starting a group is an excellent thing to do, so I hope some people come out the woodwork near you so you can get together.

But please stay on the forum, I've found it really great and hopefully it will provide you some support. You'll find plenty of intelligent guys on here! Surprised they let me in really Wink
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hi Mark!

And Rob, I'm gonna give you the chance to add "and gals" to the "intelligent guys" you've met on here Angry Tongue
In Florida I become skilled in debates. How can you miss with science in your pocket? I enjoyed using their disgusting horrible book against them.

Things like all the infanticide, cannibalism and just insane amounts of contradiction and endless folly. People eating dung at Yehwrh's behest. The book of Leviticus is particularly entertaining.
I sure do miss the dialog and a chance to vent. Damn it was fun making them crawl in the debates.

I doubt I have the patience for it anymore. The continued rivers of blood flowing from all these ancient stone aged goat herders has me at my witts end!

I'd like to take a giant science book and just smash them like the ignorant vermin they are. I'm over it. Why can't they open their eyes?
Welcome! I think you will enjoy our community, and hopefully being here will brighten your days.

Welcome
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(December 27, 2014 at 1:11 pm)Landfish Wrote: Just moments ago after being annoyed and disgusted with the endless flow of religious dogma from every angle it seems. I decided to go online in a search for intelligence.
Well, that was your first mistake. Hopefully you got here before you stumbled into the Youtube comment section.

Welcome to the forums.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 27, 2014 at 1:24 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Hi Mark!

And Rob, I'm gonna give you the chance to add "and gals" to the "intelligent guys" you've met on here Angry Tongue

Isn't "guys" a unisex term when it comes to slang?

Anyway, welcome.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Yes indeed, when I say guys I mean both genders Smile I have picked up the American slang usage there. No offense meant! Plenty of intelligent gals here too!

I'd be interested in debating more theists, but I find it very hard to have an actual debate. Just finding enough common ground to agree to the terms, and to even define the terms, are major roadblocks.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 27, 2014 at 2:42 pm)abaris Wrote: Isn't "guys" a unisex term when it comes to slang?
It was, back in the good ole days, but now we have to be 'PC'. No chairman, policeman, fireman, etc.. I even think mankind is on the hit list and what about human? I am too old to keep up with all this crap.

And welcome to the forum Landfish. As you can see, no one gets cut any slack for anything. Enjoy! Cool Shades
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3219 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 723 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1161 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 800 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 700 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1271 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1226 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1221 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Serious] Reintroduction is in Order Neo-Scholastic 5 587 May 27, 2021 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Soberman921
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1748 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain