Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else ever think like this?
Anyone else ever think like this?
I don't want to sound like a matrix crazy guy, but lately I been thinking what if this whole world is just a fake prison for me, and I had a real life and life is my prison.

Like I went to subway restaurant the other day and I just can't help but wonder, like what if after I leave the restaurant, everyone in there just disappears or just goes off to the side to take a break - but are there when I am there just to make me think that I live in a world with billions of other people?

I guess its also pointless to ask or make a thread like this, because if I was in an artificial environment designed for me the first few posts would prolly reply along the lines of "wtf is your problem," "you are stupid" "go see a doctor" - but I guess thats what frustrates me the most... can u imagine what its like to be in a world where you know its not real, but not a single other person listens to you because they are designed to try to keep the illusion going, and sporadically you get that person that tries to empathize and it just balances out the moment - but in the end I just feel 100% alone and trapped in this world and there's nothing I can do about it, and no one is going to understand.

so that kind of brings me back to the age old question, what happens after i die? will i ever die? what if when i "die" my mind just resets and its the same endless life over and over? how do i know that i have not died hundreds of times already? what if dying is my only freedom and i am meant to think that after i die i stop existing so i fight to keep living, but unknowing keep myself imprisoned?

is there any philosophy about this? is it like solipsism?
RE: Anyone else ever think like this?
Are you a musician?

(December 31, 2014 at 12:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Are you a musician?

Not really, I love music and singing but I sound terrible, so I just sing in my car but have the music loud so i can't hear myself lol. I used to play guitar for like 5 years and was pretty good but i got really frustrated with a song i was trying to learn and pretty much quit ever since.
Nope.....Just you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 31, 2014 at 12:07 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Nope.....Just you.

Not quite.

No, not that I seriously considered it at some time, but there's this mindgame I'm playing off and on. And this goes something like this, I can't prove that the world is still going about it's business when I'm not actually there to witness it. Kind of like in a video game, where the screen reloads when you progress with your avatar.

Like I said, only a mindgame, but it kind of shows how limited our individual perspective actually is.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Psst.... you keep him talking and I'll call 9-1-1.
Well, I don't cotton to solipsism, at all.

No, there's nothing to worry about. I repeat - there is NOTHING *beep* to worry about. Things are exactly as they appear to be *beep* and any concerns you have to the contrary are ill-founded.

But for safety's sake *beep*, try to put off visiting any amusement parks for at least a month. We're having a bit of trouble with the coding.

Oh, damn....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
whoa trigger, lets put you back in the barn
i thought about it at some point..... but why bother being the same or variant of a person over and over again...
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9088 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Smile Where else? Little Rik 264 32609 October 22, 2016 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5444 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Does anyone else feel like this? dyresand 21 3963 December 11, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Joods
  Does anyone else miss Christopher Hitchens? TheMessiah 13 4302 March 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Does anyone else see this dyresand 26 9437 January 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anyone ever spent time at a bible camp? DeadChannel 21 3375 January 11, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  ever think that all our problems exist because of other people? Jextin 11 4191 January 3, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  anybody else find this really poignant? fojo 0 935 November 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: fojo
  My Argument for "Gnostic Atheism" - Anyone Else? onebluethinker 7 4176 October 17, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest