Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Ohio transgender teen's suicide, a mother's anguish
An Ohio transgender teen's suicide, a mother's anguish
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/31/us/ohi...?hpt=hp_c1

Quote:"After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was. I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that God doesn't make mistakes, that I am wrong. If you are reading this, parents, please don't tell this to your kids," the note says. "Even if you are Christian or are against transgender people don't ever say that to someone, especially your kid. That won't do anything but make them hate them self [sic]. That's exactly what it did to me."

Really heartbreaking!
RE: An Ohio transgender teen's suicide, a mother's anguish
Your religion, or your child.

You two chose your religion, you ignorant, blind bitch. And now you lost your child.

May you two suffer the despair of knowing you caused this for the rest of your lives.

I have nothing but contempt for that bitch and her cockless husband. Fuck them. They deserve every ounce of anguish they suffer and then some.

I have no sympathy for people like them. I really don't. But man I feel horrible for their daughter.
I'd like to point out that despite the unfortunate set of circumstances presented to us by the OP, hating, disliking and not understanding transgender people is not a problem with religion solely but with social norms and society itself, all kinds of people criticize and mocks trans, from catholics, muslims to pro-gay marriage people who think transgenderism is not natural and not the same as being gay (it's not obviously but it still doesn't excuse the bashing)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I had a long relationship with a transgender, but I had to break it of as she was taking drugs all the time. Her parents didn't except her for what she was, and I believe it was why she was on drugs all the time, parents can be so toxic and poison to their children some times.
I encountered an individual with an unusual effeminizing medical condition and a psychological preference for femaleness, all despite an outward male appearance.

It was her choice to enhance the medical condition with elective surgeries to emphasize her female nature and was quite successful.

Unfortunately, it has been many years (almost 40), and I cannot recall if or what she stated about her relationship with her parents. I'm thinking from my lack of recollection, it was not a subject of any importance to her. She had a married man 'sponsoring' her metamorphosis, and enjoyed traveling with him and his generosity. He did not find her steadily diminishing masculinity off putting, and I rather thought of him as a Professor Higgins type, only working with a rather more complete palette, including literally the ability to direct the sculpting of actual flesh.

Considering the era, she was remarkably well adjusted (as far as I could tell) and had tremendous confidence in a positive outcome from all her recreation.

This has probably considerably colored my view of other transgendered persons, as sadly I am learning, case as noted in the opening post are even now altogether to frequent.

Another problem, 40 years ago, I moved, she moved, everybody moved, and without the internet, we lost touch. I've tried quizzing friends and some internet searches, and I've never been able to find her. She may have emigrated to Europe upon completion of her surgeries, but no one really knows.
I have no respect at all -- zero -- for any parent whose love is tied to their child's normalcy. Your job is to protect and nurture -- not inflict deadly self-loathing. I agree with CoH: their punishment is just.

So there's two petitions up, one at change.org and one at the gov site. The one on change.org has 250,000 signatures. The one at whitehouse.gov has 24,000. Links to both follow.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-th...eated=true

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...y/QPbYj38G

Honestly I'm pessimistic about these. We have a republican house and senate, and this is one of those things that they won't go for. Even with such support they won't go for it.
I feel sorry for the girl. Christianity calls for people to choose their god over their family. Over everyone else. Not everyone does, and unfortunately those parents didn't. In fact they apparently cut her off completely in an attempt to make her conform to what she looked like. It's obvious they hadn't studied this topic, and figured it was a mental disorder like schizophrenia. If your kid tells you they hear voices in her head, you don't buy more seats for the dinner table, and an extra bed or two for her room.

Obviously they did it wrong. I feel strongly about my family. If someone tried to mess with them, I'd beat the crap out of them. if I had a kid that said he was being bullied, I'd make damn sure it stopped.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 573 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Irish government to apologise over mother-and-baby homes zebo-the-fat 6 451 January 12, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Ohio At It Again BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1010 December 1, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More religious liberty in Ohio brewer 42 2709 November 21, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nine killed in Dayton, Ohio EgoDeath 120 8484 August 14, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4255 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  More people die from suicide than war and natural disasters combined. CapnAwesome 39 3005 October 16, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Mother crashes car to prove god is real. brewer 20 1901 March 25, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ohio bans doctors from performing Down Syndrome abortions c172 234 30387 January 1, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender" Cecelia 38 4857 December 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet