Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Remaining" - Christian movie
"The Remaining" - Christian movie
I started watching it unaware that it was a Christian film, and I decided to continue watching it.

When the rapture takes the true believers, the survivors find sanctuary in a church where the pastor (he was left behind because he said he had no real relationship, just comfort) explains what is happening.

According to him, the evidence of the truth had been available for everyone and that they simply chose to ignore it.

ROFLOL

It is so typical to use the word evidence yet provide no real evidence whatsoever.

One of the characters asks, "Say we survive this, can we still be saved?"
Pastor: No, but God still loves us.

My response:
Yeah, god loves you so much he is torturing you. Sorry, but that is not love. It just means god is a monster.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: "The Remaining" - Christian movie
They tell me to open my ears, I tell them to open their minds.
Technically, their minds are open too much, allowing for the kind of susceptibility whereby they will believe in something without the evidence to support it.

They should be closing their minds.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:Yeah, god loves you so much he is torturing you. Sorry, but that is not love. It just means god is a monster.

Dick Cheney is god?
Having an open mind isn't really about being gullible to me. We get a lot of people saying "if you'd only open your ears and listen to the word of god, you'd know". You know and I know, that's a load of shit.

Science is all about keeping an open mind. Good scientists don't have any kind of attachment to their theories. If a theory is disproven, the change is accepted. That's what an open mind is. The other thing is just gullibility.
Copying Tim Minchin.... if you open your mind too much, your brain will fall off, also, take my wife!
Wait... there were two rapture movies made last year?

Left Behind: Rotton Tomatoes 2%
(January 20, 2015 at 7:59 pm)Darkstar Wrote: Wait... there were two rapture movies made last year?

Left Behind: Rotton Tomatoes 2%

Of course. The critical acclaim of the first was so compelling, a second had to be made.
Yeah, of course that had Nicholas Cage...
Nicholas Cage...

Wasn't he an angel in one movie?

And didn't he love pears?

I never understood that one.

And Meg Ryan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1947 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3295 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 757 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1291 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 343 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 216 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6001 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15502 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What is your favorite Disney movie? ƵenKlassen 37 4652 December 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4234 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII