Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1
Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1
Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 7 and 8.1 users in first year

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-to...first-year

Are these M$ guys finally struggling on the OS front?
RE: Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1
I read that as Windows 10 users are free to upgrade to Windows 7
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I hope it's better than windows 8. I hate 8 Gates, mate. It's so irritating to use, I'm really glad I still have windows 7 on my laptop.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
By the way, what is this Windows you all keep talking about...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Microsoft can't count. What happened to 9?
I read they are missing it out, to prove they are serious, or something. I don't know how that proves anything.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Just the fact that they think they need to prove something is a problem in the first place, lol.
I always thought it was with star trek movies, that every other release is good. Maybe they wanted to make two crappy ones in a row...

(January 22, 2015 at 8:34 am)DarkHorse Wrote: Microsoft can't count. What happened to 9?
Old coding shortcuts would create problems with very old apps. And no, I'm not making it up.

This is Vista all over again, and frankly it's due to one tiny change that they dug their heels in to keep: removing the Start Menu. When desktop users pointed out what a horrible move it was, MS brought back the button, but not the menu. It's almost as if they were rubbing everyone's noses in it. The most ridiculous part is that the code for the menu is in Windows 8. MS simply decided that fuck you, you were going to use their new interface whether you liked it or not.

Apparently they finally realized that this is no longer the fucking 90s and they're not in the same entrenched position they were in back then, so they decided to compromise. Not by returning the goddamned Start menu in Windows 8, but by rolling out a whole new operating system just to fix one fucking thing that could've been fixed with a patch. Assholes.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Free is great. I won't feel I'm being ripped-off again. Ever since XP 64-bit and Microsoft's refusal to placate me I have vowed never to buy another OS from Microshaft.
Something for nothing from Microsoft - it is a miracle! Angel *

* Terms and conditions apply. Limited time offer. May cause cancer. May contain cafeine and nuts. Small animals may have been harmed in the making of this product. By agreeing to use this product you absolve Microsoft of any liability for the safety of your data or the privacy of your personal information. Subject to viruses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 718 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 682 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 340 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2132 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2248 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 528 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 862 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2137 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3812 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 7931 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods