Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here read comic books?
Wink 
Anyone here read comic books?
So anyone here read comics, manga, and graphic novels?
I've being trying to get into reading American comics. When I was a teenager I read mostly manga; Ranma 1/2 was the one I had the most volumes of and I had many shonen Jump magazines. I regret getting rid of my Ranma and Shonen Jump collections. I had a few trades of spider-man, ultimate spider-man, ultimate x-men. I don't own those those anymore. The only trade of superhero stuff I kept was The Dark Knight Returns. So I don't really like capes comic that much. I'm thinking of getting back into manga like DBZ, and Yu Yu Hakusho I don't care much for superhero stuff but like "fighting" comics. Most superhero comics just seem to play things safe and are restricted by editorial mandates. I haven't be wowed by anything Marvel and DC are doing in their mainstream comic book lines now.

I like what Image comics is doing these days. I've started reading Sex Criminals, The Wicked + The Divine, Deadly Class, Revival, and The Manhattan Projects.

End ramble.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
RE: Anyone here read comic books?
I'm reading the "Injustice: gods among us" series, from DC. Really cool, so far!
Sandman

Several issues of Fables

Elfquest

Some old issues of Iron Man

A couple collections of X-Men

Some Witchblade and Fathom.

First collections of Hellboy, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Locke & Key.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I'm rather fond of Shaman King. Even if it's kinda silly, I like the character development.
Does Japanese manga count?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

From the early 90's I collected every X-Men title from 93 to 97, and had filled in a lot from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Since then I've never really gotten back into comics.
Some judge Dredd when I get the time.
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 26, 2015 at 2:08 pm)Beccs Wrote: Some judge Dredd when I get the time.
Is that Judge Anderson as your avatar pic?
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(January 26, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Pizz-atheist Wrote:
(January 26, 2015 at 2:08 pm)Beccs Wrote: Some judge Dredd when I get the time.
Is that Judge Anderson as your avatar pic?

Yes.

The official model for Judge Anderson, Integra Fairbrook.
Dying to live, living to die.
I read manga, but that's about it. Recently, I've been reading Sun-Ken Rock on Crunchyroll's manga section. I've read a lot of shounen stuff in the past, a bit of ecchi (don't judge), and many other genres.

American comics are just too short for me; the artwork is jaw-dropping though.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favourite books/author The Valkyrie 50 2593 April 28, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Most Awful Books Ever The Architect Of Fate 18 1387 June 19, 2020 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  atheism books recommendations WolfsChild 8 968 May 24, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Books Icy 55 4298 November 27, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  20 books considered the worst Foxaèr 29 4467 July 21, 2018 at 3:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Let's Talk About Books Shell B 65 7511 January 22, 2018 at 1:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books Foxaèr 2 752 October 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Anyone read Name of the Wind/Kingkiller Chronicle? Astonished 8 1863 June 26, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Anyone want to read and discuss "The Origin of Consc in the Breakdown of the B Mind ? Whateverist 16 2036 October 31, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  David Bowie's 100 Favourite books: How many have you read? Rev. Rye 27 2540 October 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4