Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Jesus Commit Suicide By Cop
Did Jesus Commit Suicide By Cop
According to the New Testament, Jesus knew that he was going to die if he remained in Jerusalem. He even knew that Judas would betray him. Further, he drew attention to himself by sending his 2 apostles to take/steal a white donkey for him to ride into the city. Jewish people would have known that by entering the city in such a fashion, Jesus was claiming to be the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy in Zechariah. Because he was apparently not a stupid man, Jesus would have been aware that his actions would antagonize the authorities

Quote:All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass

Why are his actions not considered a form of suicide?
RE: Did Jesus Commit Suicide By Cop
It was indeed. I have some never before seen undercover footage of the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_1RFAc...yI&index=5
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 28, 2015 at 8:21 am)Nope Wrote: According to the New Testament, Jesus knew that he was going to die if he remained in Jerusalem. He even knew that Judas would betray him. Further, he drew attention to himself by sending his 2 apostles to take/steal a white donkey for him to ride into the city. Jewish people would have known that by entering the city in such a fashion, Jesus was claiming to be the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy in Zechariah. Because he was apparently not a stupid man, Jesus would have been aware that his actions would antagonize the authorities

Quote:All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass

Why are his actions not considered a form of suicide?

For the same reason a secret service agent takes a bullet for the president, a soldier jumps on a gernade to save his squad mates, and a mother runs out into traffic to push her kid out of the path of an on coming bus he did not see.

Duty, honor, and love.

To give a life to save another is not suicide. To give a life to potentially save a whole species is what Christ did on the cross.
But did they really crucify jesus? Or was it just a man claiming to be jesus? This short documentary explains how easily people can be taken in by false claims, and how they can ignore evidence even when it's staring them in the face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQsRClW7...jrn4dXE2yI
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It was more like flesh-wound-by-cop, since he only died temporarily.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 28, 2015 at 8:36 am)Drich Wrote: For the same reason a secret service agent takes a bullet for the president, a soldier jumps on a gernade to save his squad mates, and a mother runs out into traffic to push her kid out of the path of an on coming bus he did not see.

Duty, honor, and love.

To give a life to save another is not suicide. To give a life to potentially save a whole species is what Christ did on the cross.

Bet all those children and babies that drowned during gods slaughter flood wish yahweh drempt of this jesus character during their lives.

What took yahweh so long to dream up sending himself to lay on top of that grenade yahweh tossed?

(January 28, 2015 at 8:56 am)Tonus Wrote: It was more like flesh-wound-by-cop, since he only died temporarily.

Yes, it doesn't seem like Jesus sacrificed anything. Compared to the fact that his existence is supposed to be forever, his suffering really didn't last that long.

Jesus' death goes against the book of Ezekiel which states that one man can't be held responsible for another man's sins.

Quote:Ezekiel 18:20-23King James Version (KJV)

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
They only crucified Jesus, and not god and/or spook too. Also Jesus was only temporarily dead.

I'm thinking that is the equivalent of lancing a boil.

I bet god didn't have any more trouble with the boy after that either.
(January 28, 2015 at 8:21 am)Nope Wrote: Further, he drew attention to himself by sending his 2 apostles to take/steal a white donkey for him to ride into the city.

Not entirely correct. According to King James it was an ass. He rode an ass to town.

But you're right, considering the ensuing bloodshed, Jesus may have been the most dangerous suicide bomber ever.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Of course it must have been difficult for Jesus to orchestrate his own execution, thus ensuring our salvation. Many forces have stood in the way of this goal, even the Terminator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUrsUORF4Y
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1504 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19266 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4414 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5884 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 5893 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8508 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7025 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 39934 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 2703 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 24135 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd