Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learn the true mercy
Lightbulb 
Learn the true mercy
Prophet Muḥammad's personality was very simple, compassionate and loving towards others. This human aspect did not come from his abstract human personality, but rather from the fact that he was a human being chosen by Allah to bear the responsibility of prophethood. Allah therefore purified him, taught him and sent him as a mercy to the world. Regarding this, Allah says: “And We have not sent you, [O Muḥammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. (107)” (Surah Al-Anbiya, 107).

However, the human aspect of the Prophet –  peace be upon him – is clearly observable in the various situations of his life. We find it in his behavior towards his family members. It has never been reported in Islamic traditions that he was violent towards his family. On the contrary, he devoted part of his time to the service of his family, helping them with the various domestic tasks. In addition, he allowed them to attend Fridays and feasts, and he even held running competitions with them.

The Messenger of Allah loved servants and workers, and treated them well. He recommended to his companions, and Muslims  to treat them well

The human aspect of the Prophet was not limited to his entourage, he behaved in the same way with his enemies and on the battlefields.

During his greatest victory, when the Prophet retook Makkah and his Quraysh enemies were defeated and surrendered to him, he entered it humbly, with his head bowed, without vengeance or bloodshed. He granted complete forgiveness to his enemies simply and unconditionally surrendering. Moreover, in his battles, the Prophet advised Muslims not to kill children, women and old people, in this connection, he recommended them thus: "Do not kill an old man,  child or a woman ".

The tenderness of the Prophet was not limited to humans, but also extended to include animals who are unable to express their pain and needs. He urged his companions to be kind to animals, telling them the story of the man who took pity on a thirsty dog and presented it with water. So Allah forgave him and admitted him to paradise.
A careful examination of the life of the Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - shows us that he suffered persecution and injustice in Mecca; however, he was not swayed by the cruelty he experienced, and he had no unbridled desire to seek revenge on those who wronged him.

Such is the personality of the Prophet – blessings and salvation be upon him – the human being who changed the face of the world, a simple, merciful and great personality.
RE: Learn the true mercy
Glad he never beat his child bride. I suppose he might have wanted to stay the red right hand more often, and not just with his family - but I guess if Big Mo is the best that your god can do when it comes to "purifying" a human being, that's that. Was this supposed to make me look more or less favorably on your god, your religion, or Big Mo...because if it's the first thing...you kindof screwed that pooch.

I've also never beaten my child bride, and I'm willing to bet I have less blood on my hands than a 7th century warlord. Allah didn't even have to sit me down in a cave to make that happen. Big sucker for dogs, too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Prophet Muḥammad's personality was very simple, compassionate and loving towards others.
So is mine, on the outside. People generally have no idea what a degenerate fucking beast of a man I am.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(March 15, 2022 at 1:11 pm)akay Wrote: Prpht Mḥmmd's prsnlty ws vry smpl, cmpssnt nd lvng twrds thrs. Ths hmn spct dd nt cm frm hs bstrct hmn prsnlty, bt rthr frm th fct tht h ws  hmn bng chsn by llh t br th rspnsblty f prphthd. llh thrfr prfd hm, tght hm nd snt hm s  mrcy t th wrld. Rgrdng ths, llh sys: “nd W hv nt snt y, [ Mḥmmd], xcpt s  mrcy t th wrlds. (107)” (Srh l-nby, 107).

Hwvr, th hmn spct f th Prpht –  pc b pn hm – s clrly bsrvbl n th vrs sttns f hs lf. W fnd t n hs bhvr twrds hs fmly mmbrs. t hs nvr bn rprtd n slmc trdtns tht h ws vlnt twrds hs fmly. n th cntrry, h dvtd prt f hs tm t th srvc f hs fmly, hlpng thm wth th vrs dmstc tsks. n ddtn, h llwd thm t ttnd Frdys nd fsts, nd h vn hld rnnng cmpttns wth thm.

Th Mssngr f llh lvd srvnts nd wrkrs, nd trtd thm wll. H rcmmndd t hs cmpnns, nd Mslms  t trt thm wll

Th hmn spct f th Prpht ws nt lmtd t hs ntrg, h bhvd n th sm wy wth hs nms nd n th bttlflds.

Drng hs grtst vctry, whn th Prpht rtk Mkkh nd hs Qrysh nms wr dftd nd srrndrd t hm, h ntrd t hmbly, wth hs hd bwd, wtht vngnc r bldshd. H grntd cmplt frgvnss t hs nms smply nd ncndtnlly srrndrng. Mrvr, n hs bttls, th Prpht dvsd Mslms nt t kll chldrn, wmn nd ld ppl, n ths cnnctn, h rcmmndd thm ths: "D nt kll n ld mn,  chld r  wmn ".

Th tndrnss f th Prpht ws nt lmtd t hmns, bt ls xtndd t ncld nmls wh r nbl t xprss thr pn nd nds. H rgd hs cmpnns t b knd t nmls, tllng thm th stry f th mn wh tk pty n  thrsty dg nd prsntd t wth wtr. S llh frgv hm nd dmttd hm t prds.
 crfl xmntn f th lf f th Prpht - blssngs nd pc b pn hm - shws s tht h sffrd prsctn nd njstc n Mcc; hwvr, h ws nt swyd by th crlty h xprncd, nd h hd n nbrdld dsr t sk rvng n ths wh wrngd hm.

Sch s th prsnlty f th Prpht – blssngs nd slvtn b pn hm – th hmn bng wh chngd th fc f th wrld,  smpl, mrcfl nd grt prsnlty.
Comic Sans and disemvoweled- makes as much sense.

Oh, and I got your mercy right here:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-63917.html
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 15, 2022 at 1:11 pm)akay Wrote: Prophet Muḥammad's personality was very simple, compassionate and loving towards others. This human aspect did not come from his abstract human personality, but rather from the fact that he was a human being chosen by Allah to bear the responsibility of prophethood. Allah therefore purified him, taught him and sent him as a mercy to the world. Regarding this, Allah says: “And We have not sent you, [O Muḥammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. (107)” (Surah Al-Anbiya, 107).

However, the human aspect of the Prophet –  peace be upon him – is clearly observable in the various situations of his life. We find it in his behavior towards his family members. It has never been reported in Islamic traditions that he was violent towards his family. On the contrary, he devoted part of his time to the service of his family, helping them with the various domestic tasks. In addition, he allowed them to attend Fridays and feasts, and he even held running competitions with them.

The Messenger of Allah loved servants and workers, and treated them well. He recommended to his companions, and Muslims  to treat them well

The human aspect of the Prophet was not limited to his entourage, he behaved in the same way with his enemies and on the battlefields.

During his greatest victory, when the Prophet retook Makkah and his Quraysh enemies were defeated and surrendered to him, he entered it humbly, with his head bowed, without vengeance or bloodshed. He granted complete forgiveness to his enemies simply and unconditionally surrendering. Moreover, in his battles, the Prophet advised Muslims not to kill children, women and old people, in this connection, he recommended them thus: "Do not kill an old man,  child or a woman ".

The tenderness of the Prophet was not limited to humans, but also extended to include animals who are unable to express their pain and needs. He urged his companions to be kind to animals, telling them the story of the man who took pity on a thirsty dog and presented it with water. So Allah forgave him and admitted him to paradise.
A careful examination of the life of the Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - shows us that he suffered persecution and injustice in Mecca; however, he was not swayed by the cruelty he experienced, and he had no unbridled desire to seek revenge on those who wronged him.

Such is the personality of the Prophet – blessings and salvation be upon him – the human being who changed the face of the world, a simple, merciful and great personality.

Tell me, why should we worship the paedophile superman invented by a bunch of goat fuckers in the 9th century CE? We don't do barbarism here.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Methinks your god must have a positive esteem for loving children. A bit too much, I might add. And this is the god of perfect morality? Whey!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Anybody else think it's weird to describe a "simple" person or "simple" personality in this way? Of all of the things I'd notice or criticize or laud the historical character for...simple, isn't among them. A dry reading of thoughts or positions attributed to big mo, to say nothing of that claimed effect on all of history everywhere - changing the world... seems to suggest that he was anything but simple.

Minor gripe? Still...sometimes, it's These Things™ that leave me scratching my head when some cultist tells us so-and-so. Ditto with god and our "perfectly simple" crew of apologists. Really? Yeah IDK about that. Pretty fond of plots within plots and hidden but somehow benevolent motives playing out through unspeakable tragedy and long winded explanations of why big mo or big god doing a thing we would call Not Good..was, in reality, for big mo or big god specifically and apparently....and no one else, through magic...no less....actually The Best!

That's not exactly simple, in any sense of the term. Sure as shit, out of the other side of their mouths they;ll agree. The whole shebang is so massively complex that it escapes our feeble human comprehension. Pick a lane.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Mohammed was a really great guy.

Too bad his followers are such asshats...
How can someone who tells shameless lies be a good and respectful person? And Muḥammad certainly said numerous and grandiose lies, like that he rode a winged horse to numerous layers of heaven where he met God and talked with him. Or when he said that jinns exist.

But I know it is futile to convince a Muslim that the creator of his religion was not the best person in the history of the world, just like it is impossible to convince a Scientologist that L Ron Hubbard wasn't the best person ever or a Christian same about Jesus, and so on.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 1966 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5346 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  The mercy of honor killing yragnitup 35 7591 April 5, 2018 at 4:59 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  The concept of one without power to reject or a way to believe in the true religion. Mystic 16 3618 February 6, 2016 at 4:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not! JesusHChrist 33 8154 March 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: comet
  Leaning towards Islam being true these days. Mystic 40 10501 October 5, 2014 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Islam is true path of our lives OceanWave 160 15645 July 14, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Islam IS the true religion of humanity. Sleepy 1186 198716 February 3, 2014 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: jesus_wept
  Islam true religion? Zakir_250 560 233771 March 16, 2012 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused