Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F the word "Miraculous" Taipei plane crash.
F the word "Miraculous" Taipei plane crash.
Once again every time some disaster happens natural or crash the media uses that stupid word.

No you morons, the conditions of how it played out in the countless factors are why some survived and some died.

Judging by the video, it looks like the plane was taking off, had mechanical problems and or not enough lift. It also looks like to me the pilot to their credit tried to crash where there would be the least damage.

How the plane impacted and where one sat, is what determined who lived and who died.

There is no such thing as "miracle". That is a bullshit word that explains nothing.
RE: F the word "Miraculous" Taipei plane crash.
What's a miracle is that idiots think it was a "miracle," instead of a quick decision by a very human pilot.

A "miracle" would be if the plane were suddenly enveloped in light and lifted to a safe altitude with all of its mechanical problems solved and sent merrily on its way with no one dying. Apparently, that shit is a little too much to ask from fucking 'god.'
(February 4, 2015 at 10:12 am)Brian37 Wrote: No you morons, the conditions of how it played out in the countless factors are why some survived and some died.
Boy, it must suck for the families and loved ones of the people who didn't survive this miracle. It's like the miracle was picking people for dodge ball and kept pretending that it didn't see the married father of four in aisle three. What. A. Douche.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
This happens every single time there is a crash. I read this story this morning on MSN. The comments section immediately filled with people pointing this out and theists responding with, "Shut to fuck up!"
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 4, 2015 at 1:14 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: This happens every single time there is a crash. I read this story this morning on MSN. The comments section immediately filled with people pointing this out and theists responding with, "Shut to fuck up!"

Had nothing to do with construction of the plane, nothing to do with pilot training. Had nothing to do with speed or angle of impact. "POOF, God did it".
I'm betting the cameraman had to change his underwear after that.

(February 4, 2015 at 3:39 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm betting the cameraman had to change his underwear after that.

You think? I hope I never see anything like that. That would make me shit my pants too.

Funny just a couple days ago I saw a similar sized turbo prop flying really low making a sharp turn and knowing where the airports were and his altitude, it didn't look right. Nothing happened of course otherwise we would have heard it on the news. But still, it was too far away from the airport to be flying that low.
The following speculation is based on nothing other than the dashboard video.

At the very beginning of the video the plane can be seen in a nose high but fairly wings level position over the buildings in the upper left corner.
As the video progresses, the plane rolls ~90 degrees left and slips into the bridge then into the river valley. Stall/spin accidents commonly occur when the pilot tries to stretch a glide by lifting the nose. What I saw was consistent with this pilot trying to land in the river, like Sullenberger on the Hudson, and held the nose too high too long, stalled and fell in.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(February 4, 2015 at 4:00 pm)JuliaL Wrote: The following speculation is based on nothing other than the dashboard video.

At the very beginning of the video the plane can be seen in a nose high but fairly wings level position over the buildings in the upper left corner.
As the video progresses, the plane rolls ~90 degrees left and slips into the bridge then into the river valley. Stall/spin accidents commonly occur when the pilot tries to stretch a glide by lifting the nose. What I saw was consistent with this pilot trying to land in the river, like Sullenberger on the Hudson, and held the nose too high too long, stalled and fell in.

It's my understanding that the left engine failed on takeoff. Trying to clear the bridge, as you described, the left wing would have stalled first, explaining the roll.

I have not come across people calling it miraculous yet. But I think the Dutch are a bit more down to earth when it comes to this kind of thing.

That guy in that taxi was lucky though!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 180 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Covid and the word "segregation". OP/ED Brian37 2 298 May 22, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 893 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jets and the word "miracle". Brian37 28 1335 February 22, 2021 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash Brian37 190 16823 February 24, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  The bird is the word! Brian37 4 418 November 6, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  World economy at risk of another crash downbeatplumb 2 349 October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1030 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11153 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Does The Orange Turdfuhrer Use The N-word? Minimalist 19 1956 August 17, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger