Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you say?
What would you say?
I've just answered this conundrum..

Quote:you know once a Muslim and a non-believer decided that they would debate infront of all the people of that region that their respective perspactives are right. The Muslim saint has to prove that there is A God and the non-believer has to prove that there is no such power like God.
A date and time was given to both by the poeple and they had to debate on that day and prove themselves right.
On the Day of the debate the Muslim saint reached very late, and all other people and the non-believer reached at time. when the Muslim reached there to debate, the non-believer said to him that how will you debate with me you dont even know the worth of time. you came so late and you wasted our time waiting.
The Muslim person said that he is sorry for coming late but actually there is a reason. He said that on the way here there was a long huge river, and i could not swim across it so i sat on the bank and started thinking any possible solutions.
suddenly i saw a tree which was near the bank broke down into plane boards by itself. and then those plane boarda started to meet each other in a way that it took a shape of a boat. and after few minutes it became a complete boat and on of the branch of the tree turned into a paddle, so i sat on the boat and float across.
thats the reason i came late.
the non believer said, thats ridiculus, absolute non sense, how can a tree turn into a boat by itself? thats just not possible.

Then the Muslim replied that If a small tree can not turn into a boat by itself how can this huge humongous earth came into existance by itself?
(the non-believer had no answer)

Can you answer this?

With this..

Quote:Yes Cool Because this is a fallacious analogy that panders to the undisciplined mind.

So, my answer to the Muslim Saint would be as follows..

"That's a loaded question, when did I ever say the Earth came into existence by itself? The Earth came into existence because of a complex web of cause and effect emanating from the point of the big bang, possibly before which followed entirely natural laws devoid of any conscious intent.

The reason that we both know the tree did not turn into a boat is simply because it would have had to have violated all these natural laws rendering a supernatural explanation very probable indeed.

As we can agree that this clearly did not happen and therefore no supernatural event occurred, all you have succeeded to demonstrate is your total lack of analogical understanding and critical thinking, giving further weight to my claim that there is no god or gods."

And then I would ask him for the real reason he was late.

At this forum..

http://forumpromotion.net/forum/viewtopi...77#p432177

How would you have answered? Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: What would you say?
It isn't much of a conundrum honestly... though the nonbeliever's position that there are no gods is untenable by the same reasons a position that there is a god is untenable.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Another person that confuses creation with formation.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Simple. The Muslim's take on a teleological argument does not prove the existence of their God as it relies on 'perceived evidence' of order, purpose, design, or direction.

It seeks to assign a subjectively true "purpose" onto the world while blissfully ignorant of the fact that complexity does not always entail intelligent design. It also does not appreciate the complexity of reality and examples of systems in it that are random occurrences or 'ordered' simply because of natural ongoing physical processes.

Actually, I'm disappointed the Muslim's argument about boats is nothing more than a revised watchmaker analogy, since its easily refutable.
I love arguments from ignorance.
Ah these things seem to be very popular in some folksy American literature. Sounds good means bugger all.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1089 75991 Today at 12:18 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17048 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78718 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8890 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4052 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's say we evolved from Lions Mystic 27 4238 May 29, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11181 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2569 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11632 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3334 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus