Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy on twitter sent me this link, HA!
Guy on twitter sent me this link, HA!
After telling this moron that the earth was 4 billion years old, and after him saying he was sorry I believed that and called me gullible, he sent me this link, stupidly thinking it was new to me or even impressive.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Age_of_the_Earth

Yea, that is like trying to prove broom flight with the existence of a Harry Potter book.
RE: Guy on twitter sent me this link, HA!
Hey, at least he didn't quote answers in genesis. Dunno which one is more annoying
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

send him a facepalm emoji and http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservaped..._Old_Earth
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(February 8, 2015 at 10:24 am)Dystopia Wrote: Hey, at least he didn't quote answers in genesis. Dunno which one is more annoying

You don't even need a website, all believers of any religion have to do to annoy me is say "my book says so because it says so".
I stopped debating creationists years ago. What's the point? For starters, there is no debate. There was but it was settled a long time ago. Championing creationism today is denying facts. What can be more irrational than denying facts? You can't possibly get anywhere with someone who is going to do that.

I'll gladly educate someone who is willing to listen, who wants to understand. There are people who honestly have trouble wrapping their heads around evolution but are willing to try. People who insist Earth is 6000 years old though are no different from flat-earthers. They are not worthy of debate and should be ignored, IMO. It's like if I insult you in some way, you will probably see fit to respond. If a 5-year old kid calls you, "poopy face" though, you're going to laugh or ignore him. That's how creationists should be treated when they try to peddle their ignorance. Just walk away. They don't rate anything else until they grow up.

BTW, I am certainly not advocating ignoring the ACTIONS of these fools - like trying to sneak their ignorance into science classes or otherwise promoting their ignorance. That must be opposed, of course.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Don't worry, I heard they are going to be attempting to fix stupid some day.
"Debate" "creationist"... does not compute.
When someone offers a link to conservapedia, they are essentially asking you not to take them seriously anymore. Mostly because I refuse to believe that anybody who actually understands what conservapedia is, where it came from and how it's run, would use it as a legitimate source of information, meaning that anybody actually citing conservapedia hasn't bothered to check into their sources before using them.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
my WOT (web-of-trust browser security addon) has that site blocked and warned me not to go there, but I just had to see it...Now I know I should pay more attention to warnings. I am sorry wot!! Banging Head On DeskBangheadBangheadBangheadBanghead
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(February 8, 2015 at 11:59 am)AFTT47 Wrote: I stopped debating creationists years ago. What's the point? For starters, there is no debate. There was but it was settled a long time ago. Championing creationism today is denying facts. What can be more irrational than denying facts? You can't possibly get anywhere with someone who is going to do that.

I'll gladly educate someone who is willing to listen, who wants to understand. There are people who honestly have trouble wrapping their heads around evolution but are willing to try. People who insist Earth is 6000 years old though are no different from flat-earthers. They are not worthy of debate and should be ignored, IMO. It's like if I insult you in some way, you will probably see fit to respond. If a 5-year old kid calls you, "poopy face" though, you're going to laugh or ignore him. That's how creationists should be treated when they try to peddle their ignorance. Just walk away. They don't rate anything else until they grow up.

BTW, I am certainly not advocating ignoring the ACTIONS of these fools - like trying to sneak their ignorance into science classes or otherwise promoting their ignorance. That must be opposed, of course.

Not a good idea to stop. Yes I get that they are stupid and out of touch with reality, but you keep doing it, because they vote, and you keep doing it, not so much for them but to act as a vaccine to other readers and future generations.

No not every body has to debate them but there still need to be a big majority of atheists and scientists long term to push back. You don't leave that campfire unattended completely because thats when it spreads.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Guy EuphoricAtheist 5 1134 May 20, 2016 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  the missing link to God's family JBrentonK 166 33019 November 6, 2015 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  If God sent your child to Hell. Iroscato 165 28665 May 27, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: comet
  Salon link about bad religious ideas. Brian37 1 972 January 26, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This guy is awesome brainseizure 0 483 March 11, 2014 at 7:13 am
Last Post: brainseizure
  The Pope is such a nice guy Napoléon 25 4132 October 27, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  Colbert video link: On the Straight and Narrow Minded Ziploc Surprise 0 1302 July 18, 2012 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Twitter "debate" on Islam Tiberius 12 7343 June 2, 2012 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  "love thy neighbour as thyself" link to "Mercy to all" vs "Justice to some" Mystic 3 2653 February 26, 2012 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  I just got into a debate with this guy. R-e-n-n-a-t 15 3769 September 19, 2011 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: IATIA