Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post (OP) Repeat on every page of the thread
First Post (OP) Repeat on every page of the thread
I suggest repeating the first post (OP) on every page of a thread. The OP will be repeated on each new page and anybody intending to respond to the OP just needs to scroll on top to see the original post, without needing to go to the first page.

I know Tibs is away most of the time, but this is a simple task which I believe another admin might be able to do.

Once resource is:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-63705.html

It's up to the members and staff to suggest if this is feasible.
RE: First Post (OP) Repeat on every page of the thread
I don't really like forums that employ that method.
(February 11, 2015 at 11:34 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I don't really like forums that employ that method.

I don't really know you of any that do but I can see it being annoying when your 60 pages into a thread and the OP has been answered or the conversation has moved on.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I agree. It would be extremely disruptive to the flow of discussion and general conversation, and it's not like the OP is that hard to find.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 11, 2015 at 11:38 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: I don't really know you of any that do but I can see it being annoying when your 60 pages into a thread and the OP has been answered or the conversation has moved on.

^ This.

The OP is always a click away if you need it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 11, 2015 at 11:38 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
(February 11, 2015 at 11:34 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I don't really like forums that employ that method.

I don't really know you of any that do but I can see it being annoying when your 60 pages into a thread and the OP has been answered or the conversation has moved on.

Yeah this sort of makes sense. Many topics here tend to go out of topic when the OP (in the case of a theist) cannot or chooses not to defend his/her own topic, and for someone reading the thread for the very first time, it might seem that the question is still hanging.

On the other hand, most OP's are answered immediately by the 2nd poster (again in the case of a theist OP) so the rest of the thread is left open for our pleasure and amusement.

Again, this was just a suggestion and a personal preference of mine. Forum is just perfect as it is anyway.
Feasible, certainly.

But personally I wouldn't want it.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Yuck.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
What a terrible idea! Just think, the nerve of some noob who suggests a way of keeping a thread topical.

Hey noob, Rather than someone starting a new thread each time something different is being discussed we at AF like to just pile a couple of dozen different subjects all under one thread. (All at the same time if possible) That way it looks like one big "shout out box."
What the fuck are you on about now?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Page skipping. Succubus 11 2640 September 4, 2019 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1177 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  AF Facebook Page brewer 4 1514 April 24, 2016 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Wikipedia Page Shuffle 53 8106 August 18, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on. Spooky 10 3507 July 20, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  FAQ page on WTF is atheism. Aoi Magi 14 3377 November 2, 2014 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Page displaying upside down on mobile safari Anomalocaris 3 2713 April 1, 2013 at 2:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Page Selection Waratah 5 2755 September 23, 2012 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Waratah
  insults page! jackman 22 7684 July 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Full shoutbox warning page Napoléon 1 1965 March 6, 2012 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Tiberius