Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian- 90% of us suck
Christian- 90% of us suck
Basically I still believe in God, but this 'infallibility' bullshit that Muslims and Christians believe is the root of all evil. Fuck these creationists and new-Earth activists that demand evidence, then reject it because "my book says so."

Bill Maher is not totally right when he says that getting rid of religion would fix global violence, but he's really close. If somehow an absolutely undebiable major contradiction could be proven (to these people that's a literal miracle then maybe this needless attitude of, "I know I'm right because the Bible/Quran says [insert archaic parable]," could be gotten rid of. Remove ideological infallibility complexes and suddenly a conversation between all religions becomes less tense and I really think could cut down on murders worldwide by tens of millions within a few years. But who knows how the hell to do that.

Here are the 2015 DG rankings of the three religious "groups" with the shittiest people based on forum stuff/real-life interaction:

*Europeans not included because I have no clue
**All Christian groups are American

Allegiance to Others of same Faith
1. Middle East Muslims [For a scary reason?they're way in front]
2. Western Muslims
3. Fundamentalist Christians [these are the crazy strict, mainly midwest/Bible belters. They HATE Catholics]

?= I was informed by s friendly Paki that a proper Muslim ALWAYS defends his fellow brother against non-Muslims. Blame or misdeeds don't matter. He said that my Sunni friend here in USA would be committing a "grave sin" if ISIS kidnapped me and he tried to stop it.

Religious Textual Inerrancy
1. Middle Eastern Muslims
2. Fundamentalist Christians
3. Western Muslims

Worst Attitudes Toward Civil Rights/Liberties
1. Muslims of Middle-Earth
2. Western Muslims
3. Fundamentalist Christians

And finally,
Logic, Reason, and Acceptance of modern science as fact [Worst at top]
1. Fundamentalist Christians (by a lot)
2. Middle Eastern Muslims
3. Tie between Western Muslims, moderate Christians, and Jews

I clearly had too much time on my hands to do this, but there you go.
RE: Christian- 90% of us suck
Hey, dennyg, welcome to the forums! Welcome

There's not much to say besides organised religions suck and they mess with people's brains.
Hi there Smile

I totally agree. It's amazing to hear a christian be on the same side of this as me, it doesn't happen often. The idea that a book is just somehow perfect and always right is utterly absurd, and is responsible for at least a high proportion of the damage religion does.

It causes people to twist up their moral compass, to shut off the critical thinking part of their brains, and even delude themselves about reality in order to try and make it fit with the obviously imperfect book.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yeah, it's always nice to see a critically thinking christian. I hope you stick around and join us in a debate sometime.
Welcome! I too hope you stick around!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Me too! I will beg if I have to :p
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome, and have a great time here with us! Big Grin
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(February 14, 2015 at 6:07 am)dennyg Wrote: [...]
?= I was informed by s friendly Paki that a proper Muslim ALWAYS defends his fellow brother against non-Muslims. Blame or misdeeds don't matter. He said that my Sunni friend here in USA would be committing a "grave sin" if ISIS kidnapped me and he tried to stop it.
[...]

Tribalism. Just say "no", kids.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Quote:Worst Attitudes Toward Civil Rights/Liberties
1. Muslims of Middle-Earth

I've read the 'Lord Of The Rings' series several times, it's one of my top ten favourite books.

Could you elaborate as to where in Middle Earth these Muslims are to be found? Probably in Far Harad would be my guess, but I'm unable to find any textual support for this contention.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome. It will be nice to have a more sane Christian on these boards. For some reason, our forums attract theists with the more extreme views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suck it, Your an Athiest. Goosebump 5 926 February 19, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  This Is Why You Suck Cinjin 50 8315 November 9, 2011 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Violet