Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSA: Death sentence for apostate
KSA: Death sentence for apostate
Quote:The offender had posted a video online showing himself defacing the Quran and hitting it with a shoe, a grave insult and a crime in the kingdom, which follows a strict interpretation of Islam.
http://www.ibtimes.com/saudi-arabia-apos...di-1826152

The House of Saud differs from ISIS only in that they have a shitload more money and UN recognition legitimizes their brand of Wahhabism.
RE: KSA: Death sentence for apostate
Hit book with shoe = death penalty.

Sounds good to me! :S
(February 25, 2015 at 9:32 am)Cato Wrote:
Quote:The offender had posted a video online showing himself defacing the Quran and hitting it with a shoe, a grave insult and a crime in the kingdom, which follows a strict interpretation of Islam.

The House of Saud differs from ISIS only in that they have a shitload more money and UN recognition legitimizes their brand of Wahhabism.

Agreed, they have officially called atheists terrorists, they arrest apostates, and lash them or worse. The only difference between Saudi Arabia and North Korea is that the Saudis base their fascism on worship of a book, NK bases it on worship of a party.
(February 25, 2015 at 9:32 am)Cato Wrote:

The difference is house of saud is integrated into the global financial system, and is willing to frequently scratch the backs of Wall Street, And more importantly scratch the back of the foreign policy establishments of that beacon of nonterrorism called United States. So Saudis are by definition of American nonterrorism to be nonterrorists.
In Arab culture, if you beat something with a shoe it's a sign that you really don't like it. It may seem strange to people in the West but shoes have a certain symbolism in Arab culture. Hence, George W. Bush had a shoe thrown at him during a visit to Arabia (do a quick search and you'll find the video). If I had a shoe to throw I'd probably do the same 'cause George Bush is a hypocrite and I hate him.

But yeah, the killing of an apostate is abhorrent and it should be condemned. But of course the West love the oil too much, and needs those arms sales, to put any real pressure on the Saudi establishment.. Seems like the West buys the oil and then recoups the money it spent buying oil by selling the Saudis lots of hi-tech military equipment. Dem Saudis love their Eurofighter Typhoons...

(February 25, 2015 at 10:46 am)Chuck Wrote: The difference is house of saud is integrated into the global financial system, and is willing to frequently scratch the backs of Wall Street, And more importantly scratch the back of the foreign policy establishments of that beacon of nonterrorism called United States. So Saudis are by definition of American nonterrorism to be nonterrorists.

The Saudi establishment spends a lot of money building Mosques and other religious buildings around the globe, which I why I know they will most upset with this, in my opinion, very sensible change in the law in Austria which forbids foreign funding for mosques and imams. More countries need to follow suit if we are to stop the people perpetuating the "us and them mentality", because they are the sorts of people al-Saud likes to fund.

I won't tell you lot the real reason that the West refuse to condemn Saudi atrocities, but I'll give you a hint:

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's a shame that the West continues to fund these assholes. Alternative energy now!

Well the Koch brothers own the republicunt party and they simply won't allow that.
(February 25, 2015 at 9:13 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: It's a shame that the West continues to fund these assholes. Alternative energy now!

The west fund these assholes because they are our assholes, not just because they are petroleum assholes.
(February 25, 2015 at 10:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Well the Koch brothers own the republicunt party and they simply won't allow that.

We could solve our energy problems by connecting McCarthy's corpse to a huge fucking generator. Everyone loves to ignore that the Koch brothers were seeded their fortune by the money their old man made in the Soviet Union.

Just wanted to put the reflexive commie pinko insults thrown around here by our resident GOPtards in perspective.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iran dancing couple given 10-year jail sentence zebo-the-fat 11 1828 February 19, 2023 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17