Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 10:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
51rst state's PM to speak to Congress today.
51rst state's PM to speak to Congress today.
OP/ED,

It is not the first time a outside leader has addressed congress, it is simply the manor and timing that should be objected to. I am however getting really tired of Israelis and Jews for that matter claiming bigotry for simply saying "hey maybe you should do things differently".

For Israelis and Jews to claim that any criticism is bigotry is bullshit. We have several liberal Jews in our Congress skipping Netenyahu's speech. I do not hate the entire population of Israel I do hate waremongers, no matter what boarders they hide behind. Netenyahu is a warmonger on par with Cheney. The world does not need more war or fear. The world needs more cooperation.

When you have Jews in America siding with Obama and even in congress skipping today's speech, I really don't want to hear anymore bullshit claims that any peep of dissenting views is some sort of call to the end of Israel or a call for genocide. SO PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF!
RE: 51rst state's PM to speak to Congress today.
Those Jews are obviously self hating Jews, and they're therefore antisemitic bigots. Or something along those lines.
(March 3, 2015 at 8:13 am)jesus_wept Wrote: Those Jews are obviously self hating Jews, and they're therefore antisemitic bigots. Or something along those lines.

Yea, it is just as stupid if an atheist disagrees with another atheist, so if I don't blindly follow other atheists I must hate myself?

Jews don't get a pass either. I do get tired of getting accused of bigotry or the absurd claim that criticism means advocating wiping Israel off the map. There is not one label of any group on the face of the planet that is free of flaws or right about everything all the time.

This is why I hate the concept of religion as an idea. Again, not that you can rid the world of it. Just that it far too often is used to silence criticism. All religions pull this, and Jews are no different.
I'm tired of our continued support for Israel. Even as they take our money, they enact policies which increase our foreign-policy difficulties in the Middle East.

If our money does not buy us leverage, then it should be cut off.

Perhaps future historians looking back trying to identify the fall of the American superpowe will focus upon this point, when the nuts and yahoos of republican congress invited nutanyahoo to score political points against sitting administration with foreign policy responsibilities, as the point when the US lost its last residual capabilities as a cohensive global superpower able to unite behind national interest and governing effectiveness, but has degenerated instead into fractured political internacine battlefield in which parties are eager to sell out to foreign influences against protocol, against division of responsibility within government, for sake of transient domestic advantage. From this point on, United States will gradually become disunited states, some of which are clearly willing to sell itself, for veryt cheap, as mercenaries to foreign powers with decidedly different national interests as the United States , in order to gain political advantage at home.
(March 3, 2015 at 12:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm tired of our continued support for Israel. Even as they take our money, they enact policies which increase our foreign-policy difficulties in the Middle East.

If our money does not buy us leverage, then it should be cut off.

Well I don't think it would be fair to the entire population of that country to abandon a westernized nation. I support them for purely secular reasons but I also don't want to see them overrun by the fascist bullies that surround them. I only object to their leadership.

The only thing the world should want is to get religion out of the politics on both sides. There are Jews and Israelis that do not support Netenyahu. It is to me no different than if we allowed Texas to leave the Union, Austin which is liberal would be fucked.

I don't think we can abandon Israel but I do think we need to get religion out of the politics.
I don't have a problem with Israelis as a whole, but the policies the country pursues are counterproductive, and I don't think we should support them financially so long as they continue to act in a manner that harms our interests.

(March 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't have a problem with Israelis as a whole, but the policies the country pursues are counterproductive, and I don't think we should support them financially so long as they continue to act in a manner that harms our interests.

Yea I get that, but again. It is also why I would not want to bomb the fuck out of Iran. It is run by nuts true. But over the years I have run into online Muslims and former Muslims, from that country whom are merely stuck under a government they do not like.

There are tons of Muslims whom unfortunately are still under the control of a big enough minority. Islam needs its own Jefferson and Paine.

One part of this would to be to get off all oil as quickly as possible. That would undermine the theocracies in the entire region.
Pat Buchanan once called the US Congress "the Israeli-occupied" zone. It might be the only thing that moron ever got right.

Netanyahoo is a war criminal. He belongs in jail.
(March 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't have a problem with Israelis as a whole, but the policies the country pursues are counterproductive, and I don't think we should support them financially so long as they continue to act in a manner that harms our interests.

I don't have a problem with Israelis, but I do think the insertion of the state of Israel amidst an arab world just embarking upon a trajectory of secular nationalism and modernization at the end of WWII was the largest multilateral diplomatic blunder of the 20th century after the treaties that concluded WWI. The ongoing damage it is doing stability and progress in central Euroasia won't stop until either Israel or Arabs subjugate or displace the other from a large area between the Mediterranean and Persian gulf.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3874 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 596 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Motorcade for local marine killed in the evacuation happened today brewer 1 276 September 10, 2021 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 964 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 378 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Today's Headline: BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1313 April 8, 2021 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3514 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 3017 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  POTUS having a really bad day today. Brian37 20 2676 November 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Leon Redbone dies today! chimp3 5 749 June 2, 2019 at 2:52 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir