Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
I really need to know this. Basically my girlfriend hates Islam (for obvious reasons) and she is in a class about multiculturalism, so her professor accused her of being Islamophobic because she showed dislike towards the religion of Islam and the consequences attached to it. He proceeded to tell her that Muslim fundies are only 0.1% of the population of Muslims. He also told her that discriminating based on religion is equally bad as discriminating based on race or gender (forgetting that people do choose religion but not things like race)

I have doubts that fundies are so little in number. She needs to prove him wrong, obviously - So, can anyone tell me where to find sources? Anything will help

I'm not sure about this but I think he got the sources from the council that deals with Muslims' human rights issues, so I doubt it's reliable.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
If you're with your girlfriend in the same class room, then fight club him and after you beat the shit out him, tell 'm he's wrong, and walk away like a BOSS.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(March 6, 2015 at 8:50 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: If you're with your girlfriend in the same class room, then fight club him and after you beat the shit out him, tell 'm he's wrong, and walk away like a BOSS.
No I'm not, if I was there I would have asked him for the source Devil

And I'd like to ask him how he explains the number of Islamic terrorist groups if only 0.5% of the population is fundamentalist
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(March 6, 2015 at 8:51 pm)Dystopia Wrote: how he explains the number of Islamic terrorist groups if only 0.5% of the population is fundamentalist

Personal interpretation of facts. I would like to post facts,stats and poll results, but i'm going to sleep now,very tired :/
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Define "fundamentalism." The entire country of Saudi Arabia is an asylum for fundies.
(March 6, 2015 at 8:37 pm)Dystopia Wrote: He proceeded to tell her that Muslim fundies are only 0.1% of the population of Muslims.
Who cares?

The question is not how many Muslims are extremists. The question is what does the religion teach.

By definition, extremists of any ideology are people who follow an ideology whole-heartedly, making no compromises or exceptions to any of its rules.

By definition, "moderates" are people who water down an ideology that they follow, making exceptions here or there, compromising with this or that, being willing to admit they might be wrong, etc.

Show me the extremists of an ideology and I'll show you what that ideology teaches. Extremists of an ideology represent that ideology in its purist form. If Islam were the religion of peace, Islamic extremists would be the most peaceful people on the planet.

Show me the "moderate" of any ideology and I can only guess what he or she might believe. I only know that they don't believe in all of the ideology.

Let's say we brought in a radical Christian and a "moderate" Christian in on this discussion and asked them about gay rights. I can predict what the radical Christian will have to say, almost down to word-for-word. The moderate Christian will say who-knows-what. He/she might completely agree that gays are an abomination or might advocate strongly for gay rights. "Moderate" can mean almost anything.

If only 0.1% of Muslims are extremists, it means that 99.9% of Muslims aren't true believers in one way or another.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Death To America demonstrations don't seem to wither on the vine with only 0.0001% of the population showing up.

In fact, enough assbongs show up for those events I wouldn't have much of a problem with using cluster munitions on the crowds.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 6, 2015 at 9:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Define "fundamentalism." The entire country of Saudi Arabia is an asylum for fundies.

I count as fundies everyone who believes the Quran and Sharia are entirely and literally true. I guess Muslim councils for Human Rights don't count people who oppose women's rights or think stoning gays is ok as fundies.

The best argument against Islam is the life of the prophet Mohammed i.e. head chopping and sex slavery ad nauseam.

But if you want statistics, this Ben Shapiro video is a good start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

And here are some more stats on Islam...

Code:
Mohammed beheaded 600-900 Jews on one day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza

Mohammed ordered or supported 43 assassinations.
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killings_Ordered_or_Supported_by_Muhammad

The prophet Mohammed commanded 65 military campaigns, and fought in 27 of them. He averaged an event of violence every 6 weeks for the last 9 years of his life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9sYgqRtZGg

The prophet Mohammed sanctioned the killing of about 10 poets who criticised him.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/dead_poets.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Muhammad_12.jpg

The Islamic holy books (Koran, Hadith, Sira) contain more Jew hatred (9%) than Mein Kampf (7%).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjBDDC4wVxk
Well if you hold Muslims to the standards that we use to refer to Christian fundamentalism: most of them. Even the most extreme group of Christians I could think of in the United States, the Phelps Clan, would be moderate in much of the middle east.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2190 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 3948 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5642 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11470 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  One clear, precise prophecy of Muhammad.. among many R00tKiT 178 21196 July 13, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7622 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1586 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1007 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 511 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17593 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold