Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pope
The Pope
What is wrong with the Pope? The last one was the same as well. They all seem to look so distant, confused and vacant as if they are remote controlled somehow and not really human at all. I can't be the only one to notice this Dodgy

I mean I know they're all getting on a bit and this pope is in his 80's but then so is David Attenborough and he's as bright and alert as any of us.

Do you think that this is part of the selection process? The more doddery, malleable and suggestible they are the more likely they are to become the Bishop of Rome?

Does the real power lie elsewhere and have I been reading too much Dan Brown?!?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: The Pope
conspiracy much?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
David Attenborough isn't forced to tell lies in order to preserve a faulty standard of ethics on a daily basis.

Also, David Attenborough hasn't had to cover up numerous scandals...
Quote:What is wrong with the Pope?

Probably daydreaming about the good old days in the Hitler Youth.
(March 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm)Darwinian Wrote: What is wrong with the Pope? The last one was the same as well. They all seem to look so distant, confused and vacant as if they are remote controlled somehow and not really human at all. I can't be the only one to notice this Dodgy

I mean I know they're all getting on a bit and this pope is in his 80's but then so is David Attenborough and he's as bright and alert as any of us.

Do you think that this is part of the selection process? The more doddery, malleable and suggestible they are the more likely they are to become the Bishop of Rome?

Does the real power lie elsewhere and have I been reading too much Dan Brown?!?

On the other hand, when John Paul was elected, he was the youngest Pope in over a century.
Of course, if you're really looking for Gerontocracy in religion, look at the Fucking Mormons. The twelve last (of sixteen total) President-prophets, including the last nine, were over seventy when they were elected.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I recall a story told by our guide in Venice. It seems that when the Venetian Republic elected a doge they tended to choose an old man on the theory that if he turned out to be an asshole at least he wouldn't be around long.

The idea has some merit.
Have you been anywhere the burn inscence, it acts a bit like cannabis and this dude is around it all the time.
Hes just stoned thats all.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Have you been anywhere the burn inscence, it acts a bit like cannabis and this dude is around it all the time.
Hes just stoned thats all.

'Stoned? In my day we called it 'senile' in that context Angel
The Pope is the head of the nonsense that is Catholicism, and he also has a lot of power and power is known to corrupt... perhaps that's something to do with it.

EvF
(March 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm)Darwinian Wrote: What is wrong with the Pope? The last one was the same as well. They all seem to look so distant, confused and vacant as if they are remote controlled somehow and not really human at all.

Robo-pope?

[Image: popeinator.jpg]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1939 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3312 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  For anyone who likes Pope Francis Creed of Heresy 26 3903 February 7, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Pope Francis even brings the Gospel to your pets Mudhammam 12 3118 December 14, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  As progressive as the Pope is, he's still a Pope... Napoléon 21 3913 November 18, 2014 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pope Francis The Antichrist Christian 43 6266 October 30, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  you can read how great the Pope is piotrniz 11 2618 September 7, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Pope says atheists can go to Heaven now! Weewah 35 6206 April 26, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: FlyingNarwhal
  The Pope Assumes Responsibility Foxaèr 20 3317 April 14, 2014 at 11:53 am
Last Post: archangle
  Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds Mudhammam 6 1858 January 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene