Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What position do you sleep in?
What position do you sleep in?
I'm wondering because for some magical reason my lower back hurts like hell. To make it stop I have to lie on my back. I usually sleep on my stomach or on the side in a fetal position and it's weird not being able to do that.

So I have some sleep related questions.

1) What position do you sleep in?
2) Do you snore?
3) How many hours do you typically sleep a night?
4) Do you sleepwalk?
5) Do you remember your dreams?

And because you're all dying to know, I sleep about 7 hours if I'm not online all night, I don't snore or sleepwalk and remember only the weirdest or nicest dreams.

And yes, the real reason behind this thread is figuring out if I could sleep with you in one bed, since you're asking :p
RE: What position do you sleep in?
1. Right side.

2. No.

3. 4-5.

4. When I was a kid, not since then.

5. Almost always.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
1) What position do you sleep in?

On my side or stomach. I don't sleep go to sleep on my back but sometimes I wake up that way.

2) Do you snore?

Only if I have a cold
3) How many hours do you typically sleep a night?

4) Do you sleepwalk?

Yes, if I am stressed. Once I woke myself up when my forehead hit the floor. I had dreamed that I was jumping across a big canyon. My guess is that I jumped off the foot of my bed and hit the floor or I fell while sleep walking. On the plus side, my husband never realizes that I am sleep walking until I crawl back in the bed but the act of getting back in bed usually wakes me up.

5) Do you remember your dreams?

Sometimes
1. Right side, predominantly.

2. Only if I'm REALLY tired and then I say I was simply dreaming I was a motorbike . . .

3. 5

4. No

5 Almost never
Dying to live, living to die.
1. On the back, sometimes on my left side. I have a weird stomach condition and I tend to get reflux when lying on my right side. Anyways

2. If I had too much to drink, but not usually

3. 8

4. No

5. It depends on the general situation. In certain phases of change or stress i remember very bizarre and vivid dreams almost every night, at other times, none.

(March 8, 2015 at 5:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 3. 4-5.

*faints*
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I have a range from fetal position on my left side to full-on face-in-pillow. About four hours with no snoring or sleepwalking. I very rarely remember my dreams.
(March 8, 2015 at 5:22 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: 1) What position do you sleep in? (side or back)
2) Do you snore? (nope)
3) How many hours do you typically sleep a night? (7 to 9)
4) Do you sleepwalk? (nope)
5) Do you remember your dreams? (sometimes)

If your lower back is sore, might have nothing to do with your sleep position. Just food for thought.
(March 8, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: If your lower back is sore, might have nothing to do with your sleep position. Just food for thought.

It likely doesn't, but sleeping in any other position than on my back hurts.

How do you survive on 4 hours of sleep?! Confused
I'm like the buttered cat array, constantly turning throughout the night....
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 8, 2015 at 5:31 pm)Beccs Wrote: 3. 5

What choice do you have with those 19 hour shifts nowadays Tongue

No but seriously, does your work have anything to do with this ungodly timing, and do you just nap during the day? When I was working the ambulance I had those 24 hour shifts and would sleep erratically, but I would never if I weren't forced to.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Happy feetz can't sleep no one 2 293 May 20, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: no one
  Sleep deprived J a c k 20 1486 December 31, 2017 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Would You Do If Missionary Position Failed? Gawdzilla Sama 29 5894 October 9, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2239 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods
  Home sleep aids? Losty 40 3734 April 20, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  If you could remove your need for sleep, would you? Ashground 31 3802 November 12, 2015 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Reforged
Question Sleep Injuries... WTF? ShaMan 26 4093 June 17, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: John V
  Sleep paralysis Marsellus Wallace 13 2967 March 2, 2014 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Mr. Moncrieff
  Do you sleep with the light on? frz 23 7385 April 20, 2013 at 2:57 am
Last Post: JosephBowie
  Sleep OnlyNatural 21 4077 February 15, 2011 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet