Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep deprived
Sleep deprived
Ever been so sleepy that you do weird shit?

I hadn’t been sleeping enough due to work, deadlines, kids, social life, etc. So much going on. I was trying to get my son to go to sleep, but he does everything by routine and we have to stick to it perfectly if he’s going to get any sleep at all. Well, we have a night time routine of storytelling. I tell him the exact same three stories every night, then we do a series of animal sounds which end with a spider who instead of a sound just tickles, then he tells me the exact same stories from all the nights before.

Well, I was telling my son one of the stories the other night, but it was putting me to sleep instead. I think I started dreaming out loud half way down the story:
“Once upon a time, there was a little girl playing at the park. She was playing at the swings when another little girl walked up to her and the boss came and asked...

... are you sure? You won’t be saying that when the divorce papers are copied and sent to the paper stacks in the back.”

My son tapped my forehead with his tiny hand over and over until I realized. It happened several times. Lmao!

I have also been told at times in which I was excessively tired that I talked in my sleep. Sleep is so beautiful. I want more of it.  Heart
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
RE: Sleep deprived
Sleep with Jesus is even better.
I used to do that all the time (not sleep with Jesus; I'm not wired that way). Sam would tell me later about how I'd be saying weird random shit; like I'd suddenly yell at the dog that we never had or something. She found it really cute. I did something similar a couple of weeks ago at Shell's, but I don't remember the details.

More recently, I think back in my first xmas/new year after that horrible 2010, I kept awake for almost four solid days and nights. At the end of it, I was almost literally blind, my eyes just basically said "right, we've had enough - you're on your own" and shut down. Seventy hours or so of unconsciousness later, I was fine (for a given value of 'fine', anyway).
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I only recall one episode of sleep deprivation in my life (I keep a very odd sleep schedule).  In a single stretch, I was a) in the process of purchasing a home, b) serving as a Parades Liason, c) worried sick over a mate who was in a horrific motor bike crash, and d) doing eight shows a week at three different venues. When I finally crashed, I'd had about five hours sleep over the course of six days.  My then-girlfriend reported that I'd walk about the house babbling about the price of earthquakes and how that bloke wasn't good enough for my cabbages, all while asleep.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I haven't been sleeping well. Even a lot of sex isn't helping. I think my mind has just been racing lately, but I don't feel stressed.

I love sleep, too. Maybe tonight, we will get some! Heart
Jack, prioritize, not sleeping well is not good for you or those who depend upon you. Your health is more important than many things you do that cause you to go without sleep.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Sleep deprivation; Very, very bad stuff.

Three or more consecutive days of it, I start becoming, sick, chubby, and crazy.
I've had it before ... I think of that weird state between sleeping and wakefulness as drifting.

The only conclusion I can reach is not enough orgasms. Are you out of batteries???
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I did it again last night. It’s interesting to me to realize the topics I talk about when this happens lol! I realize I’m thinking about certain things in my sleep even when I thought I wasn’t stressed about them. Funny how our brains work.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Happy feetz can't sleep no one 2 292 May 20, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: no one
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2231 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods
  Home sleep aids? Losty 40 3711 April 20, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  If you could remove your need for sleep, would you? Ashground 31 3801 November 12, 2015 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Reforged
  What position do you sleep in? Norman Humann 36 4905 March 10, 2015 at 12:05 am
Last Post: IATIA
Question Sleep Injuries... WTF? ShaMan 26 4091 June 17, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: John V
  Sleep paralysis Marsellus Wallace 13 2966 March 2, 2014 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Mr. Moncrieff
  Do you sleep with the light on? frz 23 7378 April 20, 2013 at 2:57 am
Last Post: JosephBowie
  Sleep OnlyNatural 21 4077 February 15, 2011 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Polyphasic Sleep Rob 61 16330 October 17, 2009 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: Rob