Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former atheist declares healing power of god
Former atheist declares healing power of god
Seems some atheists lately are preferring irrationality over reason.

Quote:Author and former atheist-turned-Christian Lee Strobel says in a released excerpt from his new book The Case for Grace that God healed his debilitating illness.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/f...f-god.html

Oh, never mind, he is just taking advantage of the tried and true get rich quick scheme of writing for the gullible theistitards.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Former atheist declares healing power of god
Lee Strobel makes me want to vomit.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 16, 2015 at 11:49 am)Sionnach Wrote: Seems some atheists lately are preferring irrationality over reason.

Quote:Author and former atheist-turned-Christian Lee Strobel says in a released excerpt from his new book The Case for Grace that God healed his debilitating illness.

Oh, never mind, he is just taking advantage of the tried and true get rich quick scheme of writing for the gullible theistitards.

So, how was he healed by god? All the article claims is that he was hallucinating due to completely natural, if unfortunate, complications from surgery. Unless I missed a second page...?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Well, I was cured of terrible hallucinations by becoming an atheist, so I guess it works both ways.
When you think of it former atheists are a great marketing strategy for religion - "Even those asshole atheists converted, it must have some meaning"
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Strobel is a two bit phony.
(March 16, 2015 at 12:04 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Well, I was cured of terrible hallucinations by becoming an atheist, so I guess it works both ways.

Ooooo, SNAP!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
From what I've been able to gather, Lee Strobel is not to be taken seriously.

I'm not sure if he rises to the level of a Ken Ham, but he's certainly not noteworthy when it comes to arguments like this.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I listened to Steve Shives take apart one of Strobels books. Man, that guy is a piece of work. He's as full of shit as they come. Another case of former atheist (if that part's not an outright lie) with all the sceptical power of an itchy verruca.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 16, 2015 at 11:49 am)Sionnach Wrote: Seems some atheists lately are preferring irrationality over reason.

This is old crap. Switching from one label to another label is not what evidence is about. If that were good logic he could go from atheist to Muslim which would make Allah the one true god. Or he could go from atheist to Hindu or atheist to Mormon, and that would make those clubs and their heros credible.

This is nothing more than an apology book. Science is label independent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 3896 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12412 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Oh no, not another new topic! About a former atheist state mcolafson 7 2205 October 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  former Christians here? i need help with a research mcolafson 3 1262 August 29, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Drich
Heart The power of prayer JBrentonK 87 14796 October 16, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Charged for "faith healing" over medical care Foxaèr 18 5012 October 16, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Paradox of Power.... ronedee 607 103289 October 6, 2015 at 12:17 am
Last Post: ronedee
  This former Catholic will blast Pope OP/ED Brian37 28 6388 June 11, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The most insane defense of faith healing ever Esquilax 38 6513 February 27, 2015 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Miracle Healing is Faux Christian 43 8464 October 29, 2014 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus