Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Good News....The Bullshitters Are Dying out
More Good News....The Bullshitters Are Dying out
and the young don't care.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/white...-religion/

Quote:But another major reason religious diversity is outpacing the growth of racial/ethnic diversity is largely due to the explosive growth in non-belief among Americans. One in five Americans now identifies as religiously unaffiliated. In 13 states, the “nones” are the largest religious group. Non-religious people now equal Catholics in number, and their proportion is likely to grow dramatically, as young people are by far the most non-religious group in the country. This isn’t some kind of side effect of their youth, either. As Adam Lee has noted, the millennial generation is becoming less religious as they age.

I could stand having every church turned into a Starbucks even though I hate their coffee.
RE: More Good News....The Bullshitters Are Dying out
If Jesus is gonna return, he better do it soon before his religion is relegated to an old wives' tale.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
God bless the cohort effect.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Hey here's one. Some guy shows up claiming to be jesus returned. What evidence would a theist need to believe him I wonder? And how would he be distinguishable from a very powerful alien shapeshifter?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(March 18, 2015 at 9:20 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey here's one. Some guy shows up claiming to be jesus returned. What evidence would a theist need to believe him I wonder? And how would he be distinguishable from a very powerful alien shapeshifter?

Or distinguishable from the Antichrist?

Either way, I guess you find out when you die. If you go to hell: whoops, you were following a false prophet! Sucks to be you, eh?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Sorry dude, it was christian faction 893,726. What? You didn't get that far yet? Not my problem.

Trousers down please...

Index of my best videos
(March 18, 2015 at 2:31 am)Minimalist Wrote: and the young don't care.

Holy Smokes this is true! I personally asked any of the kids and even high Schoolers I work with if they cared if 'Minnie' died would they care.. The little ones were a little freaked out at first, but then I explained it was not minnie mouse and they were all good with your death!

Wow I guess a broken/stopped clock is right at least twice in a 24 hour period.
^ I can translate.

"There's nothing I could possibly say that is relevant to the topic, so I'll go ahead and make a stupid comment about a sentence that I nitpicked from the OP."
(March 18, 2015 at 10:34 am)Norman Humann Wrote: ^ I can translate.

"There's nothing I could possibly say that is relevant to the topic, so I'll go ahead and make a stupid comment about a sentence that I nitpicked from the OP."

^ I can translate.

"There's nothing I could possibly say that is relevant to the topic, so I'll go ahead and make a stupid comment about a post that I nitpicked from a response to the OP."

gotcha sucka
You..do know what "OP" means, yes Drich?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  more xtian idiocy in the news drfuzzy 11 3515 November 4, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 15897 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Reach a lost and dying world for the Lord Jesus Christ.. TubbyTubby 30 6669 March 16, 2015 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Good News Minimalist 20 4149 June 16, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Finnish state church is dying.. Kayenneh 30 9495 March 14, 2013 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 8 7449 July 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
Smile God, come out, come out wherever you are! Tea Earl Grey Hot 262 82888 May 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Whose facts are more out of whack Science OR the Bible? Castle 43 14894 July 12, 2011 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Castle
  Good news for all snakes, the savior of serpent kind has arrived. Anomalocaris 1 1457 November 3, 2010 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist