Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorta late news but here
Sorta late news but here
Well christians in central Africa have god and destroyed mosques and you know what christians here do yeah cheer them on. 
Again late news but this shows how bad christians and christianity is bad for everyone and well religion is bad in general when it 
sticks its hands into morality. 
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...s-them-on/
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Sorta late news but here
I agree, lots of people who rightfully point out Islam as the biggest violator of our species, whom kill more of each other than anyone else, still fail to see it is the idea of religion itself worldwide that unfortunately leads to our species tribalism and yes, Christianity is not immune to this.

The problem is that humans form groups and those groups they call religion and they value the group blindly too much and that leads religion to get bloody.
Violence is the natural conclusion of religion.

Sad, while I don't agree with either religion, I appreciate history. That's a terrible waste.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(April 2, 2015 at 12:28 pm)Spooky Wrote: Violence is the natural conclusion of religion.

Sad, while I don't agree with either religion, I appreciate history. That's a terrible waste.

Violence is the natural conclusion of all ideas that highlight differences.

Racial purity, social systems all these are fought over.
Religion seems to thrashing around at the moment.
I hope its death thows.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 2, 2015 at 11:43 am)Brian37 Wrote: I agree, lots of people who rightfully point out Islam as the biggest violator of our species...

Rightfully?

What do you think, matters would look like if radical christians weren't restrained by a mostly secular society and stable political systems? Do you really think, they would be any better? If words could kill, the fields would be littered with bodies already. In Africa so called missionaries already have coerced authorities into passing anti gay legislations with life sentences. And if they had had their way, it would have been capital punishment.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
By rightfully I mean currently it is the biggest violator of human rights. I accept even a future if atheists became a majority we are still capable of the same range of human behaviors both good and bad.

But as it stands right now at this point in our species history hands down Islam has the biggest PR problem.
Islam is what xtianity would be if the fuckers thought they could get away with it.
(April 2, 2015 at 12:28 pm)Spooky Wrote: Violence is the natural conclusion of religion.

(April 2, 2015 at 12:42 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Violence is the natural conclusion of all ideas that highlight differences.

Racial purity, social systems all these are fought over.
Religion seems to thrashing around at the moment.
I hope its death thows.
And where do you think all those bigoted things come from?

The idea that group think itself, which is what a religion is, allows us as a species to form "in group out group" behaviors. 

Now when I get called a racist by a Hindu even after pointing out people born in India who have rejected Hinduism and are still the same skin tones and still live there, that is an example of pretending it isn't about religion when it really is.

(April 2, 2015 at 1:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Islam is what xtianity would be if the fuckers thought they could get away with it.

Yep, the west is civil because of secular law, if you took that away it would not take Christianity that long to regress back into it's prior barbarity. And we still see the effects of religion in our right wing and homophobia. 

The west became civil in spite of religion, not because of it.
Secular law keeps God in check.

Funny, but true.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 2, 2015 at 1:54 pm)robvalue Wrote: Secular law keeps God in check.

Funny, but true.

Not funny to me at all. Ironic maybe, but very much a must to keep society civil.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1508 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short Minimalist 20 4410 April 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!! Revelation777 794 161198 July 30, 2014 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
Heart Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ Revelation777 538 86405 July 19, 2014 at 5:58 am
Last Post: Tonus
  I want to help my friend, but is it too late? Milennin 24 9089 January 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: JudgeDracoAmunRa