Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Christian Stupidity
More Christian Stupidity
More miracles that are not miracles at all.

Quote:Millions of fans worldwide have been praying for Mark Hall, the lead singer of Christian worship band Casting Crowns, who underwent surgery last week to have a cancerous tumor removed from his kidney. The singer is now home where he will continued to heal from the procedure; Hall’s wife Melanie said it is a miracle that the singer will be okay.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/c...racle.html

Quote:An Australian family now call themselves “the luckiest people in the world” after their premature newborn son miraculously survived.

Kate Ogg gave birth to twins that were 14 months premature. The babies weighed only two pounds and doctors believed on baby, named Jamie, would not survive. Christian Today reports Ogg and her husband David wanted to hold their son before he died

"I saw him (Jamie) gasp but the doctor said it was no use. I took Jamie off the doctor, asked everyone to leave. He was cold and I just wanted him to be warm. I just wanted to cuddle him. I unwrapped him and ordered my husband to take his shirt off and climb into the bed,” Ogg said.

"I wanted to meet him, and to hold him, and for him to know us. We'd resigned ourselves to the fact that we were going to lose him, and we were just trying to make the most of those last, precious moments."

The baby was pronounced dead by doctors, but then started to gasp for air, and finally breathe.

Jamie and his twin sister Emily are now healthy five-year-olds.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/g...-life.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: More Christian Stupidity
At least Christian Scientists are consistent in that their actions are in line with their stated beliefs of the source of healing and health.
Stupid and self destructive, but consistent.
What I don't understand is why Christians who think they have a direct line to omnipotent power act with the exact same calculating self interest as do the rest of us. Shouldn't they be a little surprised that God doesn't give them at least a statistically measurable edge?
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(March 18, 2015 at 6:47 pm)Sionnach Wrote: More miracles that are not miracles at all.

Quote:Millions of fans worldwide have been praying for Mark Hall, the lead singer of Christian worship band Casting Crowns, who underwent surgery last week to have a cancerous tumor removed from his kidney. The singer is now home where he will continued to heal from the procedure; Hall’s wife Melanie said it is a miracle that the singer will be okay.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/c...racle.html

Quote:An Australian family now call themselves “the luckiest people in the world” after their premature newborn son miraculously survived.

Kate Ogg gave birth to twins that were 14 months premature. The babies weighed only two pounds and doctors believed on baby, named Jamie, would not survive. Christian Today reports Ogg and her husband David wanted to hold their son before he died

"I saw him (Jamie) gasp but the doctor said it was no use. I took Jamie off the doctor, asked everyone to leave. He was cold and I just wanted him to be warm. I just wanted to cuddle him. I unwrapped him and ordered my husband to take his shirt off and climb into the bed,” Ogg said.

"I wanted to meet him, and to hold him, and for him to know us. We'd resigned ourselves to the fact that we were going to lose him, and we were just trying to make the most of those last, precious moments."

The baby was pronounced dead by doctors, but then started to gasp for air, and finally breathe.

Jamie and his twin sister Emily are now healthy five-year-olds.

14 months premature? Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(March 18, 2015 at 6:47 pm)Sionnach Wrote: More miracles that are not miracles at all.

Quote:14 months premature.

Dunno. If I were going to call anything miraculous, babies being 14 months premature would be high on the list. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
It is most likely supposed to be fourteen weeks....wait, no, that cannot be right either xD
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
From the article:

. . . The baby was pronounced dead by doctors, but then started to gasp for air, and finally breathe . . .

According to Genesis 2:7, that is PRECISELY correct. Any Literalist God fearing pastor would have concurred with the doctors.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:Kate Ogg gave birth to twins that were 14 months premature.

Silly bitch fucked a time machine and STILL couldn't get it right.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
14 months?

Can't be serious.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote:14 months premature?

Perhaps it was 7 months per twin?

That would be a good enough explanation for your average jesus freak fuckwit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87836 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Just pointing out the stupidity of this argument Heat 29 5976 January 7, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hannity gets served by an atheist... and his own stupidity Regina 73 10672 June 23, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  More Christian denominations than bible verses Dolorian 26 5699 November 6, 2014 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Drich
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7343 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Stupidity: Just got my bell RUNG! BlackSwordsman 2 1172 May 29, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Yet more fine christian skewed priorities Esquilax 71 16170 November 13, 2013 at 3:39 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  The Latest Installment of Catholic Stupidity Minimalist 18 3686 October 1, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6301 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Stupidity in my hometown Thor 24 9482 April 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Thor