Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh FFS! Getting real sick of Facebook.
Oh FFS! Getting real sick of Facebook.
Open my facebook today and find this shit:
[Image: Screenshot%2021_zpsswd9hjwa.png]

The wife and I are presently in Oklahoma and managed to just beat the tornado. We were already in Stillwater, but if we'd left Arkansas any later...

But seriously? Christians are going to eat this shit up. "Death and destruction"? Yeah, the Tornado broke plenty of shit. But only one person died. One. They were in a trailer.

...sigh. Facebook gives me a headache sometimes.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Oh FFS! Getting real sick of Facebook.
(March 26, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Spooky Wrote: Open my facebook today and find this shit:
[Image: Screenshot%2021_zpsswd9hjwa.png]

The wife and I are presently in Oklahoma and managed to just beat the tornado. We were already in Stillwater, but if we'd left Arkansas any later...

But seriously? Christians are going to eat this shit up. "Death and destruction"? Yeah, the Tornado broke plenty of shit. But only one person died. One. They were in a trailer.

...sigh. Facebook gives me a headache sometimes.

These people just really like it when two straight lines intersect.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

If God was with you, why didn't he just stop the tornado?

I watch a lot of true crime shows, and this reminds me of how it's not uncommon for the family of murder victims to say that God helped them find the killer. Why does God always intervene in ways that don't make sense?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Facebook is internet junk food.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(March 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If God was with you, why didn't he just stop the tornado?

I watch a lot of true crime shows, and this reminds me of how it's not uncommon for the family of murder victims to say that God helped them find the killer. Why does God always intervene in ways that don't make sense?

Rule #56: There are no mental gymnastics too advanced for the religious.
(March 26, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Spooky Wrote:

So god needed to break a power line and leave several homes without power during a hurricane to prove he exist. Dick move.
(March 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If God was with you, why didn't he just stop the tornado?

My first thought was that their god caused the tornado and left its mark like a graffiti artist.
All that's missing is some grilled guy hanging on it
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Are linemen commiting a blasphemy when they climb poles to do some maintenance work or take down old poles?
Maybe that was their point: god tore their shit all up with a fucking tornado, then left a calling card. "Oh, ya'll just got wrecked? That was me! --God."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and couldn't help but laugh GODZILLA 28 4997 March 23, 2018 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  My fundy mom made this comment on Facebook TheRocketSurgeon 27 6472 March 24, 2016 at 9:14 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Religious friend dumps pile of shit in my facebook inbox. Too thick to tear apart. DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 28 8486 November 30, 2015 at 4:44 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Stupid Facebook arguments RobbyPants 14 6092 February 5, 2015 at 4:35 am
Last Post: kookookachoo
  Facebook To Ban Religious Posts and Memes SteelCurtain 32 12170 January 22, 2015 at 2:18 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Christian facebook pages disturb me Lemonvariable72 19 6397 July 16, 2014 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  His Dudeness possibly getting what He deserves! CleanShavenJesus 1 839 December 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Despite baby dying after getting herpes, Orthodox rabbis say they’ll defy law. CapnAwesome 22 9218 September 24, 2012 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  I'm sick of these articles. Jax 14 3956 April 10, 2011 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: LEDO
  Getting along without religion theVOID 10 2624 March 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Spectrum