Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God....
Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God....
because I can see "Jupiter" through a telescope whereas I can't find the "god of Abraham" through one. ;P
[Image: tumblr_nvrbfbDXgM1u0bifgo1_400.jpg]
RE: Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God....
Zeus would so kick his ass too.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Zeus was a little bit bi too.

He might pork Jehovah.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Seamon on the mount?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
And also planet Jupiter is named for the chief of the gods and it turns out to be more massive than all the other planets put together!

Or planet Saturn: back in the 1610s, Galileo was looking at the sky with his primitive telescope, he turned it on Saturn and found that there was something odd about it. He seemed to see two small bodies, one on either side of Saturn, but couldn’t make out what they were. Whenever he returned to Saturn, it was harder to see them until, finally, he saw only the single sphere of Saturn and nothing else. He thought “Does Saturn still swallow his children?” and he never looked at the planet again.

Or once theorized planet Vulcan that turned out to be non-existent, remember: Vulcan is the equivalent of the Greek Hephaistos, and the most famous myth involving Hephaistos goes as follows: Hephaistos, the son of Zeus and Hera, at one time took Hera’s side when Zeus was punishing her for rebellion. Zeus, furious at Hephaistos’s interference heaved him out of heaven. Hephaistos fell to Earth and broke both his legs. Though he was immortal and could not die, the laming was permanent. Isn’t it strange, then, that the planet Vulcan (Hephaistos) was also hurled from the sky?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2591 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1560 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2364 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did Sai Baba deserve Nobel more than Mother Teresa? Fake Messiah 1 367 February 26, 2020 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 2876 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9553 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
  Baphomet more American than 10 Commandments Foxaèr 13 1474 August 22, 2018 at 9:38 am
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10359 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian NuclearEnergy 118 16680 April 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 8647 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton