Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the staff
Question for the staff
I received a notice from my ISP that for the next several weeks, service will be spotty and there will be occasional periods of down time. I use my laptop AND my phone. Is it against the rules to be on both at the same time, should my internet go out and I'm forced to use the phone?

I don't want to get in any trouble for being on both at the same time. Spotty internet sucks but my phone is sometimes more reliable than my internet and this is the case for the next few weeks.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Question for the staff
As long as you use the same account, you can have multiple sessions open at the same time. I use my web browser on my computer, my iPhone web browser, and sometimes Tapatalk to access the forums. I'd imagine quite a few other people do too.

- Tiberius
(March 31, 2015 at 5:56 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: I received a notice from my ISP that for the next several weeks, service will be spotty and there will be occasional periods of down time. I use my laptop AND my phone. Is it against the rules to be on both at the same time, should my internet go out and I'm forced to use the phone?

I don't want to get in any trouble for being on both at the same time. Spotty internet sucks but my phone is sometimes more reliable than my internet and this is the case for the next few weeks.

If that were illegal, I'd so be in trouble Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I would have been nuked from orbit years ago if that were a problem. 
Tiberius Online
Question Everything.
Religious Views: Shell B

Time for a schnaps. A big schnaps.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Thanks. I was on my laptop when I posted that. Now I'm on my phone. This is getting frustrating. I don't catch my spelling errors on my phone either, which I'm OCD about.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(March 31, 2015 at 6:03 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: Thanks. I was on my laptop when I posted that. Now I'm on my phone. This is getting frustrating.  I don't catch my spelling errors on my phone either, which I'm OCD about.

Personally, I am generally not so much OCD about my spelling errors (*), but Norman is in my stead Tongue

(*) but very much so when it comes to diction - any confusion of they're, their or there will drive me up the wall, for example

I'm very conscientious of the proper uses for those words and seeing them misused drives me batty.
(March 31, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: I'm very conscientious of the proper uses for those words and seeing them misused drives me batty.

As far as lazy spelling is concerned, definately is one of those offenders. And as a German, I am very sensitive to the all too common flipping of ei and ie in originally German words, such as in "Justin Beiber". Or "Einstien" *shudder* Visceral reactions follow. Atiest is similar.

(March 31, 2015 at 6:07 pm)Alex K Wrote: Personally, I am generally not so much OCD about my spelling errors (*), but Norman is in my stead Tongue

You can always count on your friendly neighbourhood obsessive-compulsive spellchecker Tongue

(March 31, 2015 at 6:13 pm)Alex K Wrote: As far as lazy spelling is concerned, definately is one of those offenders. And as a German, I am very sensitive to the all too common flipping of ei and ie in originally German words, such as in "Justin Beiber". Or "Einstien" *shudder* Visceral reactions follow. Atiest is similar.

I seriously have a problem, though. You spelled German with a capital "G" and that made me so unreasonably happy. I should get that checked out Confused
And ditto on what you said, all of these make my teeth hurt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2477 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 655613 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4140 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5634 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 7892 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6556 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2036 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Staff appreciation! robvalue 36 9983 January 21, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Rayaan Leaves The Staff and the Whole Board Goes To Shit. Minimalist 51 10732 July 12, 2014 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Random Thought For the Staff to Consider Minimalist 3 2110 April 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist