Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you not see God now at this very moment?
Do you not see God now at this very moment?

Abu Baseer, a blind companion of Imam Ja`far as-Sadiq [a], asked the Imam, “Inform me of Allah – will the believers see Him on the Day of Resurrection?”

The Imam said, “Yes, and they have seen Him before the Day of Resurrection.”

Abu Baseer asked, “When?”

The Imam replied, “When He said to them, ‘Am I not your Lord’ and they said ‘Of course’ (7:172)”

Then, the Imam went quiet for a while. He then said, “And surely, the believers will see Him in this world before the Day of Resurrection. Do you not see Him in this very moment?”

Abu Baseer asked, “May I be your sacrifice: may I narrate this [to others] from you?”

So the Imam said, “No – if you were to relate this, then a denier who is ignorant of what you mean by it would reject it, and assume that it is divine alikeness (tashbeeh) and disbelief. Rather, seeing [Allah] with the heart is unlike seeing [Him] with the eyes. Allah is above the descriptions of those who liken Him [to His creation] and the heretics.”

حدثنا علي بن أحمد بن محمد بن عمران الدقاق رحمه الله، قال: حدثنا محمد بن أبي عبد الله الكوفي، قال: حدثنا موسى بن عمران النخعي، عن الحسين بن يزيد النوفلي، عن علي بن أبي حمزة، عن أبي بصير، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام، قال: قلت له: أخبرني عن الله عزوجل هل يراه المؤمنون يوم القيامة ؟ قال: نعم، وقد رأوه قبل يوم القيامة، فقلت: متى ؟ قال: حين قال لهم: (ألست بربكم قالوا بلى) ثم سكت ساعة، ثم قال: وإن المؤمنين ليرونه في الدنيا قبل يوم القيامة، ألست تراه في وقتك هذا ؟ قال أبو بصير: فقلت له: جعلت فداك فاحدث بهذا عنك ؟ فقال لا، فإنك إذا حدثت به فأنكر منكر جاهل بمعنى ما تقوله ثم قدر أن ذلك تشبيه كفر (1) وليست الرؤية بالقلب كالرؤية بالعين، تعالى الله عما يصفه المشبهون والملحدون.

(Kitab al-Tawhid by Shaykh as-Saduq)
RE: Do you not see God now at this very moment?
Um... who gives a fuck?
Why are you preaching?
...it is common knowledge that the upper third, centered in Flagstaff, is Alta Arizona; the lower third, centered in Tucson, is Baja Arizona; and the middle third, centered in Phoenix, is Caca Arizona. Simple as ABC...

http://www.bandersnatch.com/bajaz.htm
Thread closed pending staff decision.

Edit: leaving it closed. MK, you've been here long enough to know that preaching/ spamming are against the rules.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7708 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Quran, the truth as I see it. WinterHold 13 3786 October 10, 2017 at 7:59 am
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13934 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Argument for Islam is very Simple: Mystic 98 10481 March 27, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  Moses peace be upon him, very short tale. WinterHold 18 4219 March 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I find this very interesting dyresand 0 813 January 28, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Germany: “Oh Allah, kill the Jews to the very last one" mralstoner 4 1984 July 30, 2014 at 1:58 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  why there is a need to see in order to believe? wkl6644 96 20971 January 3, 2013 at 10:14 am
  How can you say ALLAH should not and must not be there? nomercy 4 2682 March 7, 2012 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Nine