Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government of the Rich, By the Rich and For the Rich
Government of the Rich, By the Rich and For the Rich
'Murrica.  You are fucked.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/tea-p...big-sugar/

Quote:‘Tea Party’ protesters opposed to Florida land deal were mostly actors hired by Big Sugar
RE: Government of the Rich, By the Rich and For the Rich
We realized this when Obama started to support Bush's failed policies after he got elected.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Min I got some news for you, this isn't just America, it's the entire western (and some non-western) world that's run by the same people.

If you want to know who governs over you find out who you can't touch. You'll be surprised (I adulterated this quote from Voltaire because otherwise it wouldn't reflect reality)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The only thing slowing those Koch fucks down are the dems.  I wish they would slow them down faster but you take what you can get.

Sure as fuck don't want to see any republicunt who has his lips surgically attached to their libertarian asses in the WH.
The Democrats have proven they are just the other side of the same coin. They have spent the past eight years (when they won seats in the 2006 mid-term elections) betraying their constituents and selling America out to the highest bidder.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I'm not defending them.  Just pointing out that they are not as bad as the republicunts.

You see....those are the only two choices we have.
(April 3, 2015 at 11:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm not defending them.  Just pointing out that they are not as bad as the republicunts.

You see....those are the only two choices we have.

The US has managed to make your political system about who can get the most money for campaigning and this has given business unjustified power.

It's partly because of the overly complex process which takes ages.

In the UK the election takes just over a moth in the US it never stops.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 3, 2015 at 10:41 pm)Dystopia Wrote: If you want to know who governs over you find out who you can't touch. You'll be surprised (I adulterated this quote from Voltaire because otherwise it wouldn't reflect reality)

I don't think it was Voltaire who said this, it was some neo-nazi nonce, who I've forgotten the name of, in reference to the Jews.
If the dems were really for, by, and of the people they wouldn't keep following the res to the right. They wouldn't try to appeal to the republican base. They are better than the reps, but it's more like black and gray politics than black and white. I'm sorely disappointed that they lost the senate. If they lose the presidency, I don't know what we'll do.

I've heard some good things about Elizabeth Warren. Anyone heard of her? You think that will work out?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Ehh, I plan to become rich. Don't change anything until I know for sure.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 350 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2454 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1263 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2393 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2296 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3095 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 3001 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where Are All These Rich Guys Supposed to Come From? InquiringMind 17 2110 March 13, 2017 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government pocaracas 14 2729 February 25, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government Secular Elf 9 1391 January 19, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: vorlon13