Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are All These Rich Guys Supposed to Come From?
Much of feminism seems to hope for an equality of result (not equality of opportunity, equality of result) in earnings and status between men and women - equal numbers of men and women CEOs, congresspeople, doctors, etc.  And of course they want there to be at least as many rich women as rich men. 

But at the same time, when women go to get married, they want to marry a rich guy.  A woman usually wants to marry a man who makes more money and has more status than she does.  

So if women are making as much (or more) money as men, and are achieving just as much status and success as men, then where are all these wealthy successful men supposed to come from for women to marry?

It's the same in college.  Women have taken over universities, and now 60% of college graduates are women.  Now women are complaining that there aren't enough college-educated men for them to marry.  

It's sort of like it used to be with men and virginity.  Men wanted to "sew their wild oats" before marriage, but when they went to get married, they wanted to marry a virgin.  But if everyone was out sewing wild oats, where were all these virgins supposed to come from for men to marry?

So if women are making just as much money as men, where are all the rich guys supposed to come from for women to marry?
RE: Where Are All These Rich Guys Supposed to Come From?
Thinking is hard!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 13, 2017 at 2:40 am)Alex K Wrote: Thinking is hard!

Just because grinding noises comes from the space assumed to be occupied by a brain, it does not mean what is going on there is related to thinking.

So, what else is going on in 1950?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 13, 2017 at 1:22 am)InquiringMind Wrote: Much of feminism seems to hope for an equality of result (not equality of opportunity, equality of result) in earnings and status between men and women - equal numbers of men and women CEOs, congresspeople, doctors, etc.  And of course they want there to be at least as many rich women as rich men. 

But at the same time, when women go to get married, they want to marry a rich guy.  A woman usually wants to marry a man who makes more money and has more status than she does.

Do you have statistical numbers from a place - such as the US Department of Labor and Statistics or is this your assumption? I hate to break it to you but I stand a better chance of making more than my other half in the next three years. Oh and I'm a lady, in case you didn't know. And I'm quite happy with his "status". He's a welder. I'm a cosmetologist. Every single one of my friends has a similar attitude as I do. And I have a lot of friends.  

Quote:So if women are making as much (or more) money as men, and are achieving just as much status and success as men, then where are all these wealthy successful men supposed to come from for women to marry?

Maybe you should posit this question to GQ magazine or some magazine aimed at socialites. 

Quote:It's the same in college.  Women have taken over universities, and now 60% of college graduates are women.  Now women are complaining that there aren't enough college-educated men for them to marry.  

Again - cite a source pointing directly to these women "complaining". Otherwise this is just your opinion. Backwards thinking is just backwards. This isn't the 1950's anymore and women aren't putting in their high school bios that they want to become a secretary or a housewife and have a pile of kids. Yes - there probably are a healthy sized number of women going to college. My daughter will be one of them. She wants to be a self-made person and I fail to see the problem with that. 

Quote:It's sort of like it used to be with men and virginity.  Men wanted to "sew their wild oats" before marriage, but when they went to get married, they wanted to marry a virgin.  But if everyone was out sewing wild oats, where were all these virgins supposed to come from for men to marry?

So if women are making just as much money as men, where are all the rich guys supposed to come from for women to marry?

Wow... misogyny much? I lost my virginity at 18 years old. I'm damn proud of that. A lot of my friends (male and female) lost theirs well before that age - willingly. My MIL had my other half when she was just 14 years old. During my adult life, I have lived with three partners and not gotten married to any of them. Yet, surprisingly, not a single one of those men judged me for not being a virgin. They still wanted me, for who I was. 

Given the number of babies born to unwed parents these days, I'd say people living together as a couple before getting married has been the normal thing for at least three or four decades now. The number of people that had their kids first before marriage - or who simply lived with their significant others prior to any sort of marriage, is extremely high. I can't even think of a single friend of mine that didn't live with their spouse prior to getting married. 

I don't see the average woman looking to marry a "rich" guy. Besides - what, in your mind, is the definition of "rich"?  A person can be rich with personality, compassion, empathy, love, gentleness, caring, friendship, intellect, holding conversations etc, but be living paycheck to paycheck and there would be many women out there who would much rather take a man based on any number of those things over money. I am one of those women. 

Not all of us are gold diggers or in search of a sugar daddy. And I'm confident that the number of women just like myself are much higher than what you think.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I thought you said you left the Mormon church.
He may have physically left it, but mentally he's still stuck there.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm for equal rights. I would be glad to stay at home and have a rich woman take care of me. I'll go to the spa and eat bonbons.

Times are changing. The women need to get used to it.
*Citation needed*
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
More proof that reddit rots your brain.

I need to tell my wife that women are only into guys with money. She'll be like, "Well, what the fuck did I marry you for?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1836 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 816 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 10991 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Political caricature: come, post and share. WinterHold 73 4819 November 3, 2020 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I come to this hearing with the deepest sadness. onlinebiker 10 971 December 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1624 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  What news sources do you guys use and/or trust? EgoDeath 13 1078 October 12, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2227 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags Minimalist 8 1904 May 10, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Four presidents come together to pay tribute Foxaèr 15 2796 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89