Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 8:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASCAR to Indiana, "Stop being dicks".
NASCAR to Indiana, "Stop being dicks".
Several years ago I got a lesson in stereotypes being broken, having my first "redneck" friend. When John and I first met on a now defunct  atheist website, I bought those "southern racist" all are right wing bigots. Not true. John was raised in a religious household, used to be anti gay, and when I met him he had left religion, but was an economic Libertarian, but has since even scrapped that and is now even an economic liberal. He still loves country music and banjos but constantly points out to the liberal southern politicians and celebrities in country music.

I've always hated NASCAR, but now it is nothing to do with my own stereotypes but simply because I cant get into watching cars go around in a circle.

WAY TO GO NASCAR!

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/n...-1.2169699
RE: NASCAR to Indiana, "Stop being dicks".
Of course.....they can't have tracks turning down ticket purchasers now, can they?   Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The fact they did this makes me want to actually go to a race. And that is coming from someone who hates that sport.
They'd appreciate it if you brought all of your LGBT and Muslim/Atheist friends as well! That's what the press release says, anyway. Doors are open, registers are ready - come one come all!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Racing is really hard to watch if you don't have a team/driver to root for. I'd suggest picking a guy (even by the sponsor) you might like and just rooting for them.

I love NASCAR, but my driver got hurt just before the Daytona 500, and is out for most of this season. I'll watch the big races, but I can't get into it without being able to track a driver. The strategy of the sport is really cool. Especially as the sport changes the rules to make each race more competitive.

My focus this year is on Formula 1. It is the antithesis of NASCAR. NASCAR is all about power, racing on the razor edge of control, not so much technology but more brute force. Formula 1 is all about precision, aerodynamics, and control. Lewis Hamilton is my doppelganger, so I root for him. Fucking love sports.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Meh, still hate the sport, and as far as corporate America, holy crap, we get it, you want to sell shit.

I do however like our species ability to grow up, and for that I am appreciative. Cant get everything you want. It's a start.

I'd be willing to support the first team that does not have corporate add on it's car.
(April 5, 2015 at 11:31 am)Brian37 Wrote: I'd be willing to support the first team that does not have  corporate add on it's car.

Kurt Busch is your guy! He drives for Stuart Haas Racing. The team sponsors the race car. Because he beat up his girlfriend and no one wants to sponsor him... Undecided
[Image: jpeg]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I come from a family of rednecks and many of them are living examples of the worst stereotypes. There are some that defy the  stereotypes despite having the thick southern accent. Those few are intelligent, well read and surprisingly liberal especially when it comes to other people's rights.
This act is part of my species I love.
I've never been much into the sport but I've known people who participated in it as mechanics - rednecks to the max. When this group of people tells you you are being a dick, you have got to be one supreme Penis Maximus.

This is more writing on the wall. You aren't going to make friends by being a bigot. The republicans who don't get that message are going to be destroyed and so are the clergy. I'm loving every minute of it.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dicks had a meltdown, for good reason. Brian37 95 5650 October 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods...... Brian37 106 7706 September 5, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2567 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  We need to arm more dicks. Brian37 13 1245 November 29, 2018 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The White House Staff Can't Stop Talking.... Minimalist 1 326 August 16, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This Is Not The Way To Stop Him From Incriminating Himself Minimalist 13 1016 August 8, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dicks sporting goods stops selling assault riffles. Brian37 1 549 February 28, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I Guess Indiana Has No Pressing Problems Minimalist 11 1740 December 31, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  The Crazy Left Keeps Coming...Please. Don't Stop. Neo-Scholastic 152 19127 October 31, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Dear Indiana, Fuck You Minimalist 2 841 May 22, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist