Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it selfish of me to marry a Christian instead of atheist?
Is it selfish of me to marry a Christian instead of atheist?
Aren't most atheist women closet feminists?

While a christian woman does as she is told.
RE: Is it selfish of me to marry a theist instead of atheist?
Your life, your choice, but forcing us to listen to your rant is certainly selfish
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

RE: Is it selfish of me to marry a Christian instead of atheist?
Err....

OK.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 18, 2015 at 3:58 pm)superAtheistnut Wrote: A non-bitchy atheist wife who does as she is told.
If this is truly the case, I recommend you limit potential partners to blow-up dolls.
Quote: A non-bitchy atheist wife who does as she is told.
So you are a chauvinist, yes? By assuming the role of a woman is to obey you, that is what you present yourself as. You get how that works, right?
I hope, for womenkind's sake, you are unsuccessful in your attempts at coupling.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I'm guessing you're never going to get a chance to make that choice in the first place.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 18, 2015 at 3:58 pm)superAtheistnut Wrote: Aren't most atheist women closet feminists?

While a christian woman does as she is told.

Would you be ready to accept an all inclusive statement about atheist men? A woman, be she atheist, Christian or whatever, can be the biggest bitch in the kitchen. I've seen a Christian woman reduce her husband to tears twice, while playing the obedient wife card whenever she wanted to shift the blame for why she did something. Or a woman can be a walking doormat. You're setting yourself up for misery if you get married based on a stereotype.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Trollololooooo trolloloooooo *whistle*
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I don't get guys who can't be in a relationship of equals.

I have no interest in being with a woman who would accept subservience ... but then again, I'm secure in my manhood.

(April 18, 2015 at 5:14 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't get guys who can't be in a relationship of equals.

I have no interest in being with a woman who would accept subservience ... but then again, I'm secure in my manhood.

I'd think a subservient woman would be kinda boring. No surprises. No challenges. No thrills It defeats the whole purpose of having a partner. Then after forty years of kissing your ass, she gets to blame you for why her life is all messed up.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4921 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Christian Post rejoices that atheist Lawrence Krauss is guilty of sexual misconduct Alexmahone 11 2174 August 12, 2018 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop... Mudhammam 57 12178 November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1786 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheist DESTROYS Christian bussta33 6 2241 February 2, 2016 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  I am better off being a christian than an atheist ZeldaAdmirer 13 4396 November 17, 2014 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  The Christian view of life being superior to the Atheist one Dolorian 16 3380 October 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school? KentuckySkeptic224 7 3064 October 16, 2014 at 7:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christian poster to an Atheist "You are a waste of a life" MJ the Skeptical 52 10752 July 22, 2014 at 3:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheist vs. Christian Personalities sven 31 4736 June 5, 2014 at 11:53 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626