Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Rant thread.
AF Rant thread.
A thread to place your gripes, grievances, troubles and first world problems. I humbly submit this before the mods in the hopes it will become accepted as the official AF rant thread Big Grin
So, to start off...

I'm starting my new IT apprenticeship tomorrow, it seems absolutely great and perfect for me. Yay! Only problem is, I have a horrible, achy, sniffly cold that has stayed with me all day and will probably be there tomorrow.
Also, my boiler broke down on a fucking sunday LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES so no chance of a proper shower or bath in the morning. Engineer probably won't be out until tuesday.
Ugh...why can't I just have all the nice things?
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
RE: AF Rant thread.
Begone, foul malady! Leave this man be!
Can't do much about the boiler though, sorry
Take a monkey wrench down there and get after it, son!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I could rant about how the wealthy have taken over the government of America, the religious people are stifling education and trying to seep into every fiber of the country while complaining of discrimination because we're not already a theocracy, and the police can kill people with impunity despite video evidence. The latest I've heard was of a man electrocuted to death by a tazer while in custody for having baggy pants.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I hope I never have to use this thread for its intended purpose. Despite hitting capacity at the Preserve, today was pretty damned good.

Hope the rest of you get everything sorted.

Tomorrow's Monday...
/rant over
 Why are the shower heads on my floor left dripping so often? And they don't pull over the curtain, letting it get moldy (even though there is a sign on the wall saying to pull over the shower curtains). And why do they feel the need to hack up something nasty while taking a shower? Seriously half the time it almost sounds like they're gonna vomit! Other people use those showers too, you know, they don't want your bodily fluids all over the place. And would it kill you not to leave dirty clothes on the shower racks when you are done? Where am I supposed to put mys stuff?

And then there are the guys who shave into the sinks, sometimes not just facial hair but chest and back hair too! And why can't people learn to flush the toilets? Or aim, for that matter, since almost every stall has a permanent stain in front of the toilet, and the one in the first stall is so bad that it's still slightly sticky to this day! And then there are the people who just have no dignity. I mean seriously don't walk out of the shower area buck naked when other people can see you! Put on a freaking towel for crying out loud! And just because you put on your briefs does not make it okay to walk around the hall and between your room and the bathroom like that. I don't care if you just came in to go pee (with the stall door open) or to brisuh your teeth; put on some friggin' clothes!

And it isn't even everyone; about half of the floor skips out on floor meetings, and everyone who does attend agree that floor hygine needs improvement. It's that deadbeat second half that doesn't give a Swear.
Curse you! Disappointed

Wow... that felt... strange. I've never ranted like this before. Must... release... hate.

Are those considered first world problems, or is that something more specific?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
It's fucking 6:33 AM on a Monday

Kill me
My shoulders and right knee kind of hurt.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
My long legs make it uncomfortable to sit in small desks.

Does this even count as a rant?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 754 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10493 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2210 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment" Brian37 59 9539 May 1, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health Dystopia 49 9271 October 30, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Late night rant geckomamasita 1 1264 October 4, 2015 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Rant time The Valkyrie 8 2116 July 8, 2015 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: c172
  'God' is starting to make less sense to me. (rant) IanHulett 45 6791 June 19, 2015 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [rant] Gave church 5 months to answer my questions. What was I thinking? IanHulett 3 1499 May 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: robvalue