Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid humans and "cute" animals.
Stupid humans and "cute" animals.
Maybe you have seen it already, there is a picture of a guy taking a selfie with a zebra's head through his driver side window. No harm that time sure ok, but still stupid. It does not take into account the power of that animal, and if it were hungry or in heat, it could easily hurt you. 

Most sane adults already accept that an adult Panda may look cute with those colors but would not be stupid enough to jump a fence in a zoo or approach an adult panda in the wild. That same mistake is often made by visitors to Asian and south American countries with monkeys no matter their size. If you are sane enough to know you can be clawed by your own domestic cat's claws, then you should know that the risk of injury from a wild animal increases. If that monkey is bearing it's teeth at you, that is warning not a grin like a human.

"Cute" does not mean safe. Unless you are trained stay away from all wild animals. 
RE: Stupid humans and "cute" animals.
Beware horny zebras. Got it, important safety tip. 
Not even with squirrels, some people like feeding them in parks, but any animal even when not aggressive can go after food and bite you with no ill intent and those things carry very bad diseases.

Just keep your distance from animals. Steve Erwin was an expert and look what happened to him.

One show Animal planet I thought was worthy, was "Fatal Attractions" where morons though pets like tigers and cobras make good pets. But again, even with the "cute ones" no, just leave them alone.
There are more privately owned tigers in the US than there are wild tigers. That just blows my mind.

I saw a pair of tigers being fed at a zoo once. Holy fucking shit, Batman! They were fed what essentially looked like a giant hot dog. It was horse meat. Saying they ate the food would not begin to do it justice. It was more like they annihilated it. When the food was being loaded into a part of their enclosure they were cut off from, they were roaring so loud I could feel my bones vibrating. When the door to the female's side of the feeding area was released, She shot in there, leaped into the air and spun around in a 360 degree spin. She landed on her feet with the 7lb. horse hot dog in her mouth, having deftly snatched it off the elevated platform where it had been placed. The feeder said she weighed 450 pounds. Four hundred fifty pounds of muscle, claws and teeth with effortless speed and the grace of a ballerina.

I have a hard time understanding how a person's survival instinct doesn't kick in and rebel at the thought of having an animal like this as a pet. You can pet and snuggle one like a big kitty but catch it at the wrong time... So a zebra? People do much worse.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(April 30, 2015 at 12:16 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: There are more privately owned tigers in the US than there are wild tigers. That just blows my mind.

I saw a pair of tigers being fed at a zoo once. Holy fucking shit, Batman! They were fed what essentially looked like a giant hot dog. It was horse meat. Saying they ate the food would not begin to do it justice. It was more like they annihilated it. When the food was being loaded into a part of their enclosure they were cut off from, they were roaring so loud I could feel my bones vibrating. When the door to the female's side of the feeding area was released, She shot in there, leaped into the air and spun around in a 360 degree spin. She landed on her feet with the 7lb. horse hot dog in her mouth, having deftly snatched it off the elevated platform where it had been placed. The feeder said she weighed 450 pounds. Four hundred fifty pounds of muscle, claws and teeth with effortless speed and the grace of a ballerina.

I have a hard time understanding how a person's survival instinct doesn't kick in and rebel at the thought of having an animal like this as a pet. You can pet and snuggle one like a big kitty but catch it at the wrong time... So a zebra? People do much worse.

I am not against zoos, if you think about it, once an animal is domesticated to that point, putting them back out in the wild for many species is a death sentence. I would say if they have a big enough enclosure and activities to keep them mentally healthy, that is better than putting them in the wild where humans might kill them for sport or out of self defense.

I saw a story on a guy who raised a family silverbacks only to put them in the wild, went back to that same spot where he released them, found 6 of them dead, murdered by rivals. How stupid was that? Some species will not adapt back into the wild if you raise them at birth. 

Someone has to take care of these dangerous animals and sure, they better know what they are doing too, but no, don't ask me to pet a tiger or snare an alligator or play with an adult chimp. Glad there are zoologists and biologists who care to study those things, but no thank you. I have problem enough with morons in my neighborhood letting their dogs wonder around off a leash. 
What baffles me most is it's not even just the cute ones that people get too comfortable with, and it's not only uneducated members of the public. (Warning: bloody injury shown at the end - not too bad but beware if you're highly squeamish)

"Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust yourself to the water. You don't grab hold of the water when you swim, because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and holding on. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe becomes a person who has no faith at all. Instead they are holding tight. But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be."

Alan Watts
(April 30, 2015 at 9:55 am)Brian37 Wrote: Maybe you have seen it already, there is a picture of a guy taking a selfie with a zebra's head through his driver side window. No harm that time sure ok, but still stupid. It does not take into account the power of that animal, and if it were .. in heat, it could easily hurt you. ..

It seems unusual that you would add such a particular risk to your objection.

Do you have personal experience from someone being hurt by the .. uh .. power.. of a sexually aroused wild animal?

Or was this just one of those "friend of a friend" sort of things?

Tongue
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Not about me, it is ultimately about the animal, but to a lesser extent I think it is stupid to convey cute animals as not being dangerous.
(May 2, 2015 at 2:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not about me, it is ultimately about the animal, but to a lesser extent I think it is stupid to convey cute animals as not being dangerous.

I was just trying to joke around with you..  I agree.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(May 2, 2015 at 2:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not about me, it is ultimately about the animal, but to a lesser extent I think it is stupid to convey cute animals as not being dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXBzE-Cpec

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Stupid Cousin question of the day. Gawdzilla Sama 4 469 December 12, 2020 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Weaponized cute. Gawdzilla Sama 51 2241 September 7, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Inovio tests new COVID-19 vaccine on humans Megabullshit 0 201 April 7, 2020 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1556 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5755 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stupid Sayings brewer 52 2950 October 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2251 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Farm animals purplepurpose 87 5597 April 11, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cloning humans is real? ignoramus 0 403 March 26, 2018 at 2:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Stupid Spell Check. Brian37 19 2210 March 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama