Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS judge thinks State Religions fine.
SCOTUS judge thinks State Religions fine.
THIS IS WHY elections matter and why everyone needs to speak out every day every where you can.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...-religion/
RE: SCOTUS judge thinks State Religions fine.
Thomas is an idiot.  A dangerous idiot.  He's as bad as Scalia and Alito.
One suspects Clarence Thomas is assuming his own religion will have a permanent hegemony in his country, and would change his tune rather quickly the moment that stopped being the case.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
[Image: I-dont-want-qfzf48.jpg]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
From the XIVth Amendment:

Quote:All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

What's scary is that a supreme court justice can't comprehend the meaning of this wording.

Thomas should be handling parking tickets in the basement of city hall.
As long as it is the CORRECT religion, what's the problem ??

The odds of it being Thomas's religion is 1 in 40,000. Bet he didn't think of that. Especially if they deem the Baneemyites the One True Faith of the state.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 9, 2015 at 2:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: THIS IS WHY elections matter.
Definitely. The next President will almost certainly need to replace Ginsberg. Possibly Scalia, Kennedy and Bryer as well.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Some guys (the bible reloaded actually) made a point I thought was good. The less people who vote in any kind of election, the less people those in power are accountable to.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.

-- Plato
The interesting thing about Thomas's idiocy in this instance is, that for him to maintain that the First Amendment only prohibits the federal government from establishing a state religion but the states remain free to do so, he must be prepared to jettison the well established legal principle of incorporation. He hasn't thought this through very carefully though. Much else that one might think would be of interest to a black man in the U.S. also goes by the wayside in the interest of "states' rights" once the idea that federal constitutional protections/restrictions are no longer incorporated to the states. He may be the most shameful Uncle Tom (not to mention one of our more embarrassing SOTUS judges) in our country's history.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom, judge rules zebo-the-fat 6 1010 September 9, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Another SCOTUS ruling that is also very scary. Brian37 19 1504 June 27, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3842 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
Thumbs Up Must see SCOTUS cases. onlinebiker 24 1219 October 12, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 930 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3451 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 3007 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The a holes did it, they seated Amy as SCOTUS Brian37 20 1006 October 27, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Split decision by SCOTUS on Bunkerboy's taxes. Brian37 15 696 July 10, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Things will be fine since they have that magic "R" next to their name A Godzilla fan 2 632 August 28, 2019 at 6:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4