Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a San Diego Native with an airplane as his moniker
Ask a San Diego Native with an airplane as his moniker
I'm a real native. You have questions. Surf's up, dudes! This is where you hang ten.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Ask a San Diego Native with an airplane as his moniker
What the hell does hang ten mean? Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Damn, I was going to ask "what does c172 stand for", and now I have to think of a different one.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Why not a more modern aircraft?
Hanging Ten is when the surfer positions the surfboard in such a way that the back of it is covered by the wave and the wave rider is free to walk to the front of the board and hang all ten toes over the nose of the board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_172 <----just an extremely common private airplane. Nothing special. I couldn't think of any names, and I didn't want to be known by my real name.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I know, I fly it. But I would rather fly a cirrus.
I'm actually quite partial to the new (?) Very Light Jet category. That is, a HondaJet or an Eclipse 500. They look fun.
Can't possibly afford one. They go from 2 million and up.
Lol, I can't afford any airplanes. But if I could...
So, San Diego has long been intriguing to me because it is somewhat close to LA, and basically in Mexico. So how's the flair there? Do you see the proximity of the baja Cal. part and Tijuana as a positive influence?

The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a guy who just had his appendix removed! Tiberius 61 12080 April 23, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet