Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you been to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park?
Have you been to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park?
It looks hectic. There are so many rabble rousers there. Everyone is trying to talk over each other and I'm not sure why people even bother anymore. I part of me wants to go there with a pebble and ask one of the Fascist preachers present: "If everything is designed and has a purpose, then what is the purpose of this rock?" But I think it'll fall on death ears as they try to avoid the question in order to force dogma on people.

Or what is the purpose of the planet Mercury? I mean, everything has to have a purpose because there is a God On Duty (G.O.D.). I get so mad whenever I watch a video filmed at Speakers Corner.

RE: Have you been to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park?
If he's clever he'll say that the purpose of the rock was to draw you to speakers corner so that you would get to hear the true word of the Lord.

No point playing their silly game.
(May 21, 2015 at 5:55 am)FreeTony Wrote: If he's clever he'll say that the purpose of the rock was to draw you to speakers corner so that you would get to hear the true word of the Lord.

No point playing their silly game.

Hahaha, good one. Apparently it's dominated by both Christians and Muhamadans and nobody else gets a look in. Gone are the days when one can have a sensible discussion in Hyde Park. You're right, I shouldn't playing their silly game.

I've honestly never heard of this place.  But I'm from the "Midwest".  I'll have to take a look at some of these videos.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I've been past it a few times, on my way to somewhere else. Never really took any notice of what was going on there.]

If G.O.D. means "God On Duty", what about the word "God" in there? Does it render to "God On Duty On Duty On Duty On Duty etc etc etc"? Is that guy still there, stuck in a perpetual loop?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
For those who don't know about Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, the majority of the videos on this YouTube page are filmed in Hyde Park: EFDawah. I watch preaching videos regularly because I find them funny and I get to understand the arguments of the other, science denying, side. Obviously, if the preacher is exposed, or knows that they have been shown to be incorrect, the video doesn't get uploaded but I watch anyway in the hope that I won't be caught off guard. However, some really ignorant preachers will upload videos where they are proven wrong simply because they are stubborn and refuse to accept that they have been proven wrong.

Well, God is supposedly infinite, so yeah, perpetual loop. 'Cause, you know, God as no beginning and no end. God is eternal (which is a funny way of saying infinite because eternal is basically the same thing right?).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet Agnostic1 50 3293 December 30, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  I've Been MIRACLED!!! brokefree 1 773 June 9, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 24041 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10178 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 734 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell? brewer 27 5640 May 8, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Have you had experiences you'd describe as sacred, mystical and/or religious? Whateverist 62 13039 August 30, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Have you had experiences you'd describe as sacred, spiritual and/or religious? Whateverist 0 1377 August 19, 2014 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Those who lack love do so because they have not been forgiven of much Knowledge of God 30 6742 June 29, 2014 at 6:32 am
  How to Tell You've Been Indoctrinated Clueless Morgan 12 3866 February 18, 2014 at 12:36 am