Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media and Religion?
Media and Religion?
We keep hearing about how certain religions are stereotyped/persecuted by the media - in particular the religion of Muhammad (lol the hypocrisy). And it got me thinking. We hear/read negative (truthful) information about all religions yet individual religions like single themselves out and say the media is only negative towards us.

If we take the BBC as an example, they try their utmost to be unbiased yet when religionists lament about negative stereotyping they tarnish all media outlets with the same brush. That's hypocrisy. Not only that, the mainstream media in the West (with some exceptions, obviously, because Rupert Murdoch has no interest in truth) tries its best to report only facts. Clearly this is another example of preachers not being interested in truth because they refuse to acknowledge what their religion drives people to do.

Basically, I don't think the reporting of facts is negatively stereotyping anyone. If religionists didn't want to be negatively stereotyped then they shouldn't go around harming/killing people or denying science in the first place. Rolleyes

RE: Media and Religion?
Rupert Murdoch! If he made a dollar from every kid that got molested by a catholic priest, he wouldn't be reporting them.
All billionaire philanthropists are cunts!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 28, 2015 at 7:10 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: We keep hearing about how certain religions are stereotyped/persecuted by the media - in particular the religion of Muhammad (lol the hypocrisy). And it got me thinking. We hear/read negative (truthful) information about all religions yet individual religions like single themselves out and say the media is only negative towards us.

If we take the BBC as an example, they try their utmost to be unbiased yet when religionists lament about negative stereotyping they tarnish all media outlets with the same brush. That's hypocrisy. Not only that, the mainstream media in the West (with some exceptions, obviously, because Rupert Murdoch has no interest in truth) tries its best to report only facts. Clearly this is another example of preachers not being interested in truth because they refuse to acknowledge what their religion drives people to do.

Basically, I don't think the reporting of facts is negatively stereotyping anyone. If religionists didn't want to be negatively stereotyped then they shouldn't go around harming/killing people or denying science in the first place. Rolleyes

There are both negative and positive images of religion in the media; however, I have noticed that some people view any film that contains a religious character doing wrong as proof that there is a bias against their faith. I don't think that is true. Most of the population in the United States is still Christian so it makes sense that some bad characters would be religious just as they are in real life. There are also films where the main character is religious but also good
(May 28, 2015 at 7:10 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: We keep hearing about how certain religions are stereotyped/persecuted by the media - in particular the religion of Muhammad (lol the hypocrisy). And it got me thinking. We hear/read negative (truthful) information about all religions yet individual religions like single themselves out and say the media is only negative towards us.

The truth is the terms "majority and minority" are time frame and geographical issues. When any label makes an argument "They persecute me", isn't exactly wrong, it just depends where the persecuted are located. Christians and Curds and minority Muslims in Iraq are persecuted by Isis. Christians and Muslims living in the west are crybabies who simply don't want their religions criticized. 

But it is not a "stereotype" at all to rightfully state that religious people pick up holy books, read them, then use what they read to justify harm to others. 
I would love to have John Stossel come out and ask something like , "Why are there 40,000 schisms in Christianity? How did God author so much confusion ?"

And then go into some of the total bullshit crap that has spawned these schismatic sects. Shit like hat brim width, numbering the 10 commandments differently than the Jews do, drinking or not drinking poison, etc.

Christers wouldn't know what hit them.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 29, 2015 at 10:30 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I would love to have John Stossel come out and ask something like , "Why are there 40,000 schisms in Christianity? How did God author so much confusion ?"

And then go into some of the total bullshit crap that has spawned these schismatic sects. Shit like hat brim width, numbering the 10 commandments differently than the Jews do, drinking or not drinking poison, etc.

Christers wouldn't know what hit them.

The dodge used "That is just God speaking in different languages".

Ok, yea, an "all powerful God can "poof" all this into existence in a blink of an eye, but cant "poof" one book that no one has to argue over?

I would not hire such a being to run a  bicycle factory. The bikes would end up with squid for spokes and the workers would murder each other over their different assembly manuals.

Seems hardly efficient to create all those versions if you want everyone on the same page.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2473 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  The Bible and the media. RobertE 7 1770 July 18, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10745 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4911 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19833 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49348 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Media Bias for Islam Gooders1002 16 3527 March 18, 2014 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5190 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused