Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to Former Christians
Question to Former Christians
Why did you expect your parents to be flawless, and when you discovered they were only human like everyone else and imperfect, you assumed they were phony and hypocrites, and as a result you lost confidence in Christianity and belief in God?
RE: Question to Former Christians
That is making a lot of assumptions.

How do you know their Christianity had anything to do with their parents?, how do you know they stopped believing because they saw their parents as 'only human'?
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Is this a question, a statement, or an assumption. It sounds as if you are telling us about ourselves rather than asking.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
WTF? How dare you presume I expected my parents to be flawless?!

How dare you presume me to assume my parents were phoney hypocrites?

I see where Gilligan gets his moronic shit.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Holy loaded question, batman!

Here's a better one:

Why did you burn your house down, was it because you feared your parents would find the 2 keys of coke in your underwear drawer?
Trolls are fun.
New title...

A question to former Christians, who like many here, have lost faith because of errors they saw in their parents...
(April 13, 2010 at 3:02 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Trolls are fun.
Even Dotard's joining in. It must be bad!
(April 13, 2010 at 2:58 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Is this a question, a statement, or an assumption. It sounds as if you are telling us about ourselves rather than asking.

A little of each.
So, of course, that led you to believe that all atheists are simply angry with their parents. Are you really that sheltered?
I'm so angry with my parents for not indoctrinating me and forcing me to believe in a jealous and angry God who has decided it is his duty to both punish and love everyone at the same time, DAMN THEM! Wink
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12419 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7593 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3286 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 6929 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6316 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2748 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4880 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Oh no, not another new topic! About a former atheist state mcolafson 7 2205 October 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  former Christians here? i need help with a research mcolafson 3 1262 August 29, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8437 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr