Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Freedom laws and adoptions!!!
Religious Freedom laws and adoptions!!!
I just heard Michigan's Governor Rick Snyder ® signed a bill into law allowing faith based adoption agencies to deny couples based on their religious views. Michigan already has a lot children waiting to be adopted and then they go and this! This doesn't help the kids, one hurdle for them to jump over. Sad. Seeing how this country is Christian majority nation guess who is going to benefit the most? Not the kids#*@%&! Geeh lets go ahead and give more room to discrimination... These poor kids are going to suffer the most.
RE: Religious Freedom laws and adoptions!!!
What the fuck are faith based adoption agencies and why do they exist? What the hell!

This is ridiculous. Poor kids, as if they don't have enough problems Sad
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Ok, how do they tell someone's religious views? do they have an atheist radar? or do you gotta take a quick pop quiz?

There's so much wrong with this
(June 15, 2015 at 8:38 am)Britney blue Wrote: I just heard Michigan's Governor Rick Snyder ® signed a bill into law allowing faith based adoption agencies to deny couples based on their religious views.

What's that even supposed to mean? Is adoption a commodity in the States too? Go out, found one and have fun transporting every bit of agenda while trading in children?

In Europe, adoption is handled by national agencies to make sure the laws are observed and there's no ulterior motif involved.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 15, 2015 at 9:15 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Ok, how do they tell someone's religious views? do they have an atheist radar? or do you gotta take a quick pop quiz?

Good point.

"If you could just pretend you are Christian for the purposes of this adoption, that would be great."

What bullshit. What's to stop the "Christian" from de-converting the next day? This is insanity gone mad.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(June 15, 2015 at 9:15 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Ok, how do they tell someone's religious views? do they have an atheist radar? or do you gotta take a quick pop quiz?

What really pisses my off is these faith based adoption agencies will deny any couple who doesn't fit their stupid Christian standards and YET are willing to take our f__king tax dollars...

I think homosexuals are the object of their immediate ire with this one.
So wait... I assume these are government funded. How is this not a breach of separation of church and state?

Index of my best videos
http://www.forbes.com/companies/catholic-charities-usa/ Catholic Charities revenue as of December 2014 4.3 billion. I wonder if this number includes the almost 3 billion of our tax dollars.
It's not quite based on the couple's religious views...

Quote:LANSING (AP) -- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has signed a law letting faith-based adoption agencies with state contracts decline to participate in referrals that violate their beliefs.

http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story.aspx...X7bkPlViko

It doesn't take much to put two and two together to see that this is mainly intended to discriminate against gay and lesbian couples, but I could see how it could also be used against atheists or Muslims.

The children are the ones that are going to suffer for this stupidity. "Sorry, Timmy, you have to live in this cold, state-run institution, because the loving couple that wanted to adopt you have the same genitals." As if adopting couples are such a commodity that we can afford to just turn them away at the door for trivial reasons.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freedom from religion Bow Before Zeus 74 12953 November 22, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 4881 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Religious freedom... dyresand 12 2019 May 7, 2016 at 4:58 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  The Xtian Taliban: Rape and Domestic Violence Laws a Plot! Minimalist 3 1614 September 19, 2013 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Churches taunt the IRS by violating 501-c laws on political activism Ziploc Surprise 22 10598 June 26, 2012 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  News: Church archives ground zero in search for evidence of forced adoptions icantstandfundies 0 1516 April 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: icantstandfundies
  If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws. Greatest I am 9 4781 March 31, 2012 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Oppression of Religious freedom reverendjeremiah 1 2026 March 9, 2012 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Religious Freedom FadingW 28 7508 October 9, 2010 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Religious Freedom (Or Lack Thereof) Killman 11 4336 June 13, 2010 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist