Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Redskins name change
Just saw on the news that if the NFL Washington Redskins want to play back in Washington DC (in Maryland now) they have been asked to change their name.

Thoughts on this? Personally I find it a little silly but then I'm not native american.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Washington Redskins name change
(July 2, 2015 at 10:59 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Just saw on the news that if the NFL Washington Redskins want to play back in Washington DC (in Maryland now) they have been asked to change their name.

Thoughts on this? Personally I find it a little silly but then I'm not native american.

I see where they are coming from.

How would you like San Antonio gringos, Oakland wetbacks, or Baltimore niggers?
How about the Washington Brown Skins?
(July 2, 2015 at 11:04 am)Chuck Wrote:
(July 2, 2015 at 10:59 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Just saw on the news that if the NFL Washington Redskins want to play back in Washington DC (in Maryland now) they have been asked to change their name.

I see where they are coming from.

How would you like San Antonio gringos, Oakland wetbacks, or Baltimore niggers?

This is where I stand on the issue as well.  Listen, political correctness can get silly at times.  But we're talking literally about a description of people based on the color of their skin.  On the list of things that may not be "politically correct", but that you can still get away with saying... that should be way, way, wayyyyy down on the list.

If it was the Washington Blackies it would have been changed in the 60s.  That should be enough.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
The new name should reflect our depraved congress.

The Washington Bacchanals ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:Thoughts on this?

Absurd symbolic bullshit.  If they changed their name to the Washington White Devils it would not do a single thing to solve any of the very real problems facing native americans.  There would still be intolerable levels of unemployment, poverty, drug/alcohol abuse and violence on the reservations.

Unable to address any of those issues we get this pablum instead from their so-called "leaders."
The Washington Black Sambos.

Time to change the name.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(July 2, 2015 at 11:48 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Thoughts on this?

Absurd symbolic bullshit.  If they changed their name to the Washington White Devils it would not do a single thing to solve any of the very real problems facing native americans.  There would still be intolerable levels of unemployment, poverty, drug/alcohol abuse and violence on the reservations.

Unable to address any of those issues we get this pablum instead from their so-called "leaders."

It's another Confederate-flag tactic -- we've addressed the symbol and thereby discharged our obligations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K7Y3cSc8o

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 2, 2015 at 12:41 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(July 2, 2015 at 11:48 am)Minimalist Wrote: Absurd symbolic bullshit.  If they changed their name to the Washington White Devils it would not do a single thing to solve any of the very real problems facing native americans.  There would still be intolerable levels of unemployment, poverty, drug/alcohol abuse and violence on the reservations.

It's another Confederate-flag tactic -- we've addressed the symbol and thereby discharged our obligations.

It's not an either/or thing. Whether or not native American's more practical problems are addressed, the Redskins' name is indefensible.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good News for a Change. onlinebiker 6 352 February 7, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1629 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2154 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 526 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Things will be fine since they have that magic "R" next to their name A Godzilla fan 2 630 August 28, 2019 at 6:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Measels outbreak in Washington sparks vaccination debates... again EgoDeath 23 2349 February 21, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 828 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Bravo Washington Minimalist 13 689 October 12, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Poor Ivanka, shuts down her name brand. Brian37 7 1160 July 25, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Forgot to change name! RoadRunner79 33 2925 July 18, 2018 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda