Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alligator Kills Man
Alligator Kills Man
http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/04/man-killed...r-5280177/

This death is tragic for the man's family and girlfriend but the victim was killed by his own stupidity.

Quote:Orange County official Rodney Price said that Woodward had ignored a sign which warned against swimming before he made his plunge.
He said: ‘He removed his shirt, removed his billfold…someone shouted a warning and he said “blank the alligators” and jumped into the water and almost immediately yelled for help

I read another article that said there was a sign that clearly stated not to swim because of the alligator. Employees as the Marina warned Woodward not to jump in the water.

What is wrong with people trying to get close to obviously dangerous predators? This isn't the first story that I have read about someone getting a little too close to a wild animal. Occasionally, there are news articles about people jumping into lion or bear cages at the zoo.
RE: Alligator Kills Man
shocking and sad
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What gets me about this kind of thing is that it's ALWAYS a guy. Anytime you hear that somebody jumped the fence at the local zoo and tried to wrestle down the leopard (and is now in the ER getting 950 stitches), there is no need to inquire about the sex of the individual. It's a man - ten out of ten times. When will we learn? You don't fuck the alligator. The alligator fucks you.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
What did he think would happen? The alligator would be all like 'sup?', hi5 him and they'd go for a beer together later? Wtf!

This is so infuriating, because his death could have easily been prevented by, you know, thinking -_-
That poor marina worker is now traumatized having had to see him pulled under not once but three times . Seriously sad sad sad how selfish risk tards can be!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Hey the guy was obviously on a mission to win his Darwin award. I hope he is awarded one.
Tragic but incredibly stupid Sad

I hope they didn't kill the alligator for this.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Ok, two things come to mind,

- The article talks about a crocodile, which is it? I'd be less surprised by this sad outcome if it was a croc.

- When I was at the UF Gainesville I realized that UFloridans have a very natural relationship to their Gators. Until they are too large, they roam freely on campus (there was a small one in the pond in front of the physics bldg), and bigger ones are scattered through the creeks on campus. I'm not aware of any incidents. Gators don't tend to be super aggressive towards large animals like us. Most deadly incidents where one knows what happenef, and there have only been a baker's dozen in my lifetime afaik are of the kind described in the article.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...ing-marina

To paraphrase, "Authorities are not hunting for the animal, but a private armed mob may form spontaneously

That's Texas for ya...

Well ok it says "capture. " we'll see how that turns out...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Damn private armed mobs forming spontaneously, hate it when that happens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man rescues dog from alligator Foxaèr 29 1378 November 23, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  C-130 crash kills at least 5 in GA c172 1 464 May 2, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canada- another van kills 7 so far ignoramus 36 5043 April 25, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  French soldier kills a terrorist dyresand 17 2211 February 4, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Trump kills gun sales in the US KUSA 42 4251 November 28, 2016 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Drich
  An alligator's snack at Disney Foxaèr 117 8174 June 21, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Arizona Woman Shoots And Kills Atheist For Not Believing In God c172 28 5999 January 7, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Drunk Driver kills family of 4, content warning MTL 14 3293 January 6, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Mob kills woman for burning Quran - video Fake Messiah 8 1209 December 28, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black fuck-up kills white people on TV Shinagami 69 16271 September 1, 2015 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope