Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate forums: What are your thoughts?
Hate forums: What are your thoughts?
I know this is off topic, but what do you guys think of websites like Stormfront or any other "white nationalist" websites?

The fact they exist scares the shit out of me! I mean, yeah freedom of speech and all that, but seriously, every year at least one hundred murders are linked to storefront alone.

If you browse through their pages, there are eery mentions of race wars, interracial "mongrels", the need for "white only" countries, hate of homosexuals, antisemitism, Holocaust deniers, conspiracy theories, even planning of mass shootings (I shit you not!) and so on.

Are they trolling? Are they serious? (Some should be as they committed hate crimes and they proudly announce it with evidence)

I mean I understand (but do not condone in anyway) nationality based supremacy, but seriously race based ones? It seems so arbitrary, I mean Iraqis are technically "White", but I am sure these guys will not include them in their ranks!

What are your thoughts? Should we be concerned?

Can we classify them as terrorists? (Because we classify people of color who do similar things as terrorists)?
RE: Hate forums: What are your thoughts?
I sincerely hope the majority are just bored lonely trolls

They have to be, otherwise I'd be a very, very sad panda ._.
They frighten me too. Being annoymous makes some people feel invincible so they can say all sorts of terrible things without reprucussions.

I didn't know Stormfront was linked to any deaths.
I guess you could say I hate them...

Get it guys? Hate... because... hate forums...

At the very least I amuse myself.
I don't look at the shit they're spewing. It wouldn't be good for my blood pressure, even more so, since I can't do anything about it.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
This does raise a lot of the old questions about freedom of speech and how far you can take it. My general response is "I would rather live in a world where this is allowed to go on, rather than one which tries to suppress such views being expressed."
As a society, I believe we must rise to the challenge of proving to these people that the views they hold are simply wrong. We can be better than them, and in doing so we will take away their power. There will always be people who hold such disgusting opinions - outlawing them isn't going to make them go away, instead I believe they must be forced into the light and openly fought.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
If you think those are scary wait till you see the ones on the darknet....

But it is better that they are speaking out and at least we have a chance of putting up some counter-arguments. If they couldn't express themselves on public platforms, I fear they might choose even more dangerous forms of expression.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 6, 2015 at 5:37 am)TheMonster Wrote: I know this is off topic, but what do you guys think of websites like Stormfront or any other "white nationalist" websites?

The fact they exist scares the shit out of me! I mean, yeah freedom of speech and all that, but seriously, every year at least one hundred murders are linked to storefront alone.

If you browse through their pages, there are eery mentions of race wars, interracial "mongrels", the need for "white only" countries, hate of homosexuals, antisemitism, Holocaust deniers, conspiracy theories,  even planning of mass shootings (I shit you not!) and so on.

Are they trolling? Are they serious? (Some should be as they committed hate crimes and they proudly announce it with evidence)

I mean I understand (but do not condone in anyway) nationality based supremacy, but seriously race based ones? It seems so arbitrary, I mean Iraqis are technically "White", but I am sure these guys will not include them in their ranks!

What are your thoughts? Should we be concerned?

Can we classify them as terrorists? (Because we classify people of color who do similar things as terrorists)?

Are you claiming that at the moment we aren't classifying white terrorists are terrorists because they aren't a "person of colour" The main person everyone knows about connected to storm front was Anders Breivik, convicted of terrorism and classified as a terrorist.
So yes we can and do classify them as terrorists if they are involved in acts of terrorism.

If a black muslim commits a murder like the people who murdered lee Rigby in London then they are convicted of murder and not terrorism, the judge isn't likely to change the conviction of murder to terrorism on the grounds that they are black. and Muslim

I also think you got the statistic wrong, it's nearly 100 murders in the last 5 years.  http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2014/04/17...ont-users/

I'm not really afraid of it, on a day to day basis I mainly focus on the things I can prevent the easiest, I can't really take steps to avoid being the victim of random crazy spree killers or terrorists.

As for racial superiority vs national superiority I suppose it's just a question of nature vs nurture.  A persons race (if you believe race exists) is part of their nature and their genetics which makes people excel in certain measurable values such as strength speed and intelligence.  But then without good nurturing and being raised in a country where you don't die at a young age from starvation for example is also important to excel in anyway. I think it's equally illogical to think you're superior purely because of your race, as it is to believe you're superior because of your nationality.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

It's sad and sickening.

If all they do is talk about how much they hate stuff, and don't organise any action, then I don't much care. Maybe it's an outlet.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Like others, I tolerate the existence of such sites for the sake of free speech. I also prefer these sentiments to be out in the open than organized and disseminated privately. The ideas can be challenged and the content monitored to ascertain if anything presents a true threat like a legitimate incitement to violence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10966 246545 1 hour ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2034 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1115 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 1866 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2736 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1246 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 838 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1400 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2865 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 726 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm