Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 4:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Purpose of Atheist Forums and its Prime Directive

The forums were created for the purpose of providing friendly discussion and debate between atheists and other like-minded individuals, as well as theists. Theists are more than welcome to join and enter into discussions, but please bear in mind the nature of this community when entering into a discussion.”

Since this post is somewhat critical of this forums conformity with its own PRIME directive, I expect you administrators will not allow it to post. But, if your members are intelligent adults, and not the witless dolts they sometimes respond like, they should be mature enough to read this!

I made it very clear, I came into your particular midst, so I could get an opinion from others holding a different view than my own. With me being a believer I admit, I’m unable to see how my own cognitive bias could be misleading my conclusions. My intent was not to argue any points of my premise, not to convert, but for you practiced individuals to point out its faults I might not see.

My response is a little strong, because there can be no defense that makes sense, when ‘all’ of your critiques where about a premise of which you have never even seen or heard. Obviously this is yet to be learned; You should never open your mouth in argument, unless you can argue both sides of the argument equally well! Anything less make you a ultracrepidarian.

Bearing in mind what your own ‘prime directive’ says; ‘but please bear in mind the nature of this community when entering into a discussion”, it seems you are already well aware of the toxicity in your membership. I can only conclude from the hostile responses, that ‘theists’, are not in fact included in “friendly discussion and debate” as stated in your directive.
I liken my experience to stepping into a room full of monkey IQ’s, who mistakenly think having the ability to type words with proper punctuation makes them intelligent.

You swarm intellectual threats, as though your little doses of ignorant denials of belief, make sound counter arguments. Just because you give each other high-fives for the sites tens-of-thousands of inane responses, doesn’t increase their value. They are mere valueless retorts, that seem to somehow satisfy your need for social recognition.
RE: The Purpose of Atheist Forums and its Prime Directive
Do you have a point?

Or are you just still butthurt?
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Administrator Notice
Thread moved from Science. It doesn't belong there.

Still waiting for some testable evidence for this god!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I am curious as to the "intellectual threat".

I am curious, you talk about "ignorant denials of belief" what does that mean? I don't deny that YOU believe, I know that I don't believe... where does the ignorance or denial come into it?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

This has a Nishant smell to it....as do the other posts.

Let's see Mort, you take no time, make no effort, to introduce yourself and get to know us as people but jump right in (do you think that would go over well in church/a christian forum?). I doubt you took time to read other threads, even ones started by christians. Then proceed to tell us how science and religious belief can be meshed together (they can't unless, you know, you're a believer), tell us that you're 'impartial' to atheists (half truth at best) then complain that you're being treated unfairly and in the same breath judging the forum members.

I find your sense of christian entitlement appalling. I'm quite sure that you don't have the ability to recognize it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 8, 2024 at 4:08 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Still waiting for some testable evidence for this god!

I'm afraid that my premise is far too long to post on this site! I was being sincere when I said I was looking for those with beliefs different than mine to criticize the whole premise; not to 'argue' its points. Meaning, I thought maybe non-believers would show me points where I was off in my logic. But thanks anyway.
(September 8, 2024 at 5:59 pm)Mortalsfool Wrote:
(September 8, 2024 at 4:08 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Still waiting for some testable evidence for this god!

I'm afraid that my premise is far too long to post on this site! I was being sincere when I said I was looking for those with beliefs different than mine to criticize the whole premise; not to 'argue' its points. Meaning, I thought maybe non-believers would show me points where I was off in my logic. But thanks anyway.

Have you considered the possibility that things may not be as you perceive them to be?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 1047 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1761 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 143429 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  What's the funniest trolling you have seen on these forums? Garth 18 3557 March 23, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Its Good to Be Here Cinjin 44 3660 February 4, 2018 at 6:45 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist and Christian Forums vulcanlogician 43 5602 January 4, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Dead atheist forums... erealmz 34 5726 November 16, 2017 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Sal
  Atheist Forums Recipe Book Shell B 44 9431 November 14, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2484 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 10072 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79