Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get the fact's straight
Let's get the fact's straight
You theists really wouldn't want god to exist. Here is why not only if god existed
you as followers would get sick of his shit fairly quickly. To set this point even further
you guys worship a being who has no obvious regard for human life. To put it this way
god of the bible is a being who could make life a hell of a lot easier but then goes and makes
it worse so the people can pray for shit to get better. All in all i could go deeper and give reasons why
but there is a few of them that wouldn't exist.

1. Modern conveniences

2. Stable social constructs

3. Modern day society 

i could keep going on but you get it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Let's get the fact's straight
do not underestimate the power of Stockholm, friend
Yes they would.
It's the only way they can be eternal!
(They have a "thing" about death and its absoluteness which scares the bejesus out of them.)
I used to be scared of death, but then I grew up....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hey, I've come up with my own atheist version of A/S/K:

R/T/C

Read your holy book through, end to end.

Think about what it actually says.

Compare your standard of evidence and reasons for belief to other holy books, and even works of fiction to see how that would work out.

If you're still not an atheist, or at least a non-religious theist, you didn't do it properly. R/T/C again, and this time concentrate!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Read the whole damn thing? I fell asleep at Genesis 6 the last time I tried it, and even I know it's full of shit
Fair dos!

But why the fuck would you not read the whole thing, if you really thought God had anything to do with it? Baffling. So many religious people clearly haven't.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Their mentality is: I don't need to be an automotive engineer to drive a car, I just know what to do.
The same with God. I don't need to read the "whole" bible, the whole of the duck's guts, I get it, I really do. Jesus died for us. Blessed is thy lord. Cafe time! yey!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
It's regard is for all life, not just human or animal.

If we had everything we wanted we would be useless and lazy and even more fucked than we are now.

Praying for things to get better in your personal situation is selfish and wrong. By asking for only direction in life and guidance, or for things like patience, and understanding should be about as selfish as it should get.
Modern conveniences-
If everyone was United under God there would be faster advancement in technology due to the lack of a worldwide religious barrier.

Stable societal constructs.- are you serious? Society is completely fragmented, and different through the world and way fucked up. The opposite of stable.

Modern day society- again completely off beat from nature and teaching our young how to live without meaning, and in blatent indifference to natural wrongs.

No, please keep going.
(July 7, 2015 at 3:52 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Read the whole damn thing? I fell asleep at Genesis 6 the last time I tried it, and even I know it's full of shit

Same here.  I've tried reading it through several times, but it's so boring and the bullshit starts, literally, on page 1.  I have no desire to torture myself further with that piece of bad fiction.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I can never get past the bit where God circumvents every known law of physics on the first page. I hear the book starts as it means to go on, though.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 933 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] fact finding mission for non-Christians tackattack 52 4167 March 7, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2648 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Holy Bible - fact or fiction? val5662 101 13022 March 28, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18073 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9801 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1892 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let me get this straight... dyresand 92 15965 October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Hell.. so yeah let's fact check dyresand 6 2262 September 1, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: dyresand
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7605 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich