Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Carrying Assault Rifle Into Mall
This story occurred very close to me

A soldier entered the Cross Creek Valley Mall armed with an assault rifle. He had numerous clips of ammunition and was wearing a Kevlar vest. He told the police that he was going to a photo shoot. They arrested him for causing terror and turned him over to his company commander at Fort Bragg.

Maybe Fayetteville, NC just has more calm police who are less willing to shoot people. The soldier was white but I don't know if his race kept them from shooting him or not.

http://abc11.com/news/man-with-rifle-kev...ll/824961/
RE: Man Carrying Assault Rifle Into Mall
If you're going to a 'photoshoot', I could maybe understand the vest and gun, but ammunition? Why would you need that.

Good job on arresting him IMO, there's literally no reason anyone should be walking around a shopping mall with that kind of gear.
Yeah but 'murica
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I need it to protect muh kidz. I need it to protect muh family.
NC is an open carry state. However every Mall I've seen has sights up everywhere saying no weapons allowed.

I'm curious as to the real reason why this fool did this.
(July 8, 2015 at 7:11 am)Napoléon Wrote: If you're going to a 'photoshoot', I could maybe understand the vest and gun, but ammunition? Why would you need that.

Good job on arresting him IMO, there's literally no reason anyone should be walking around a shopping mall with that kind of gear.

I didn't understand the ammunition either. None of the articles have listed the name of the photographer that was supposed to take the photos but I would like to see an interview with him or her. Why would he need ammunition for the photo? Also, why didn't they contact mall security to alert them to the fact that someone would carry an assault rifle through the mall so that no one would panic? The mall has a behavioral code of conduct which states that customers are to refrain from:

Quote:Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties.

Whatever photographer he had lined up to take the photos should have gotten in trouble for not following the mall's rules

Some of the comments under the article state that the man put his gun down as soon as he was ordered to do so.
(July 8, 2015 at 7:11 am)Napoléon Wrote: If you're going to a 'photoshoot', I could maybe understand the vest and gun, but ammunition? Why would you need that.

Cos it's a photo shoot?

I'll go stand in the corner now
(July 8, 2015 at 8:12 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Cos it's a photo shoot?

I'll go stand in the corner now

To be fair, I did consider the possibility of the photoshoot involving him actually shooting the gun. But then... shouldn't that kind of thing be done at an actual shooting range? Not in a shopping mall? I still don't get the need for the ammo. It seems to suggest very strongly he was planning on actively using the gun, and raises the question of what he intended on shooting.
Ex girlfirend/ex-spouse work at the mall ??

That would clear up everything . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 8, 2015 at 8:30 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Ex girlfirend/ex-spouse work at the mall ??

That would clear up everything . . .

Yeah, the bulletproof vest would be totally understandable then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1847 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
Thumbs Down USS JFK turned into razor blades onlinebiker 30 1650 October 8, 2021 at 4:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 2553 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Joe Biden facing sexual assault allegations Agnostico 48 3434 May 3, 2020 at 5:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 5716 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 11880 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Trump Turns G-7 into a Reality Show Jehanne 136 15304 June 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Conservatards Sliding Farther Into The Sewer Minimalist 5 428 May 31, 2018 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fucking Mall Cops Losty 3 420 April 28, 2018 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Dicks sporting goods stops selling assault riffles. Brian37 1 536 February 28, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Brian37