Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction!
Introduction!
Hey there internet! My name's VeryBerryMix. I'd like to join your community because I'd like a nice place to chat and debate on the subjects that are important to me. Smile  I genuinely enjoy thoughtful argument pertaining to religion, philosophy, culture and that sort of thing. 

A few things about myself; I am an male atheist who was raised Roman Catholic and I come from a religious family (the kind that doesn't really go to church.) I'm surrounded by tolerant family members and friends and that is what has allowed me to be comfortable with the realization that there is no real tangible reason to believe in a god(s).

Anyway, looking forward to great discussions. Smile
RE: Introduction!
Welcome.  We have a couple of catholics who need a good beating.

Join in.
Welcome matey ...
Above all, have fun and be respectful!
Unlike some other noobs recently! (They are so egocentric, they'll think this songs is about them)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Now, now I don't think a beating is required here.  Big Grin Just a good discussion.  Cool
Welcome VBM!

You'll have to excuse our most recent Catholic Inquisition. One is nice, t'other... is.. well.. full of himself.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
REading through some posts here I see what you all mean haha! But that's alright, just keeps the argument interesting Big Grin And in all honesty it makes me feel smart. Tongue

I accidentally clicked the mobile version...the link to switch back to the full version isn't working. What can I do?
What, are you crazy? The virgin birth story written in the bible doesn't make sense to you?? You're out of your mind! Smile

Welcome VeryBerry.

Welcome
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Heya welcome aboard!

Try closing your browser and then opening it again. If that doesn't work, you'll need to go to the settings:

1) UCP at the top

2) Select Edit Options

3) Scroll all the way to the bottom and the second from last should be Board Style

4) Select Use Default, then try closing and opening your browser; or Atheist Forum Theme if that doesn't work
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hello! I'm new as well and it's nice to meet you. Smile
Hi Berry! Hi nice to meet you

Boy, have I some welcome waffles for you!! BERRY ONES!!

Welcome and enjoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 733 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 971 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1955 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1408 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3972 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2270 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2003 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1163 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 978 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2901 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2