Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another GOP clown runs
Another GOP clown runs
The clown car has added Governor Scott Walker who to me is a special brand of asshole who has gutted labor to pay for more tax breaks for the rich!
RE: Another GOP clown runs
Years ago George Carlin nailed him....and most of the rest of them...as "business criminal assholes."

Carlin was a true prophet.
Walker is funded by the Koch Brothers, as is most other Dominionists running for office.

Quote:"We will support whoever the candidate is," Koch said at the Manhattan event, according to Times reporter Nick Confessore's sources. "But it should be Scott Walker."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/report-th...z3fogIFBql

And he seems to be quite dangerous.

Quote:Scott Walker has damaged the legal and political system of Wisconsin so badly that it may never recover. His house of cards is collapsing and even the state GOP knows it. It is only because Wisconsin is just a state within a larger country, and not an independent country on its own, that it has not descended into totalitarian dictatorship. Scott Walker does not scorn moral constraints on his actions. Rather, he seems to not comprehend such constraints. Walker’s only limit is the limit of his power, and it is this limit that Walker wants to eliminate by becoming president.

Source: http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-ri...s-too-late
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
Just another lying fuckhead.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/walker-ad...-later-on/

Quote:Speaking — wait for it — anonymously to National Journal’s Tim Alberta, a Walker adviser tried to calm fears the candidate was moving too far to the right in order to win the Iowa caucus by intimating that positions taken this early on are contingent.
“You start in Iowa and lock up conservatives, because if you don’t do that, none of the rest matters,” the adviser said. “It’s much easier to move from being a conservative to being a middle-of-the-road moderate later on.”
This of course is redolent of Mitt Romney adviser Eric Fehrnstrom‘s famous “Etch-a-Sketch” comment from 2012, which played right into the narrative that Romney changed his political positions to suit whatever electorate was in front of him (and did wonders for Etch-A-Sketch’s stock price.)

Which is hardly news.
(July 13, 2015 at 12:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The clown car has added Governor Scott Walker who to me is a special brand of asshole who has gutted labor to pay for more tax breaks for the rich!

In California and other states the cost of public employee retirement payouts is higher than the pension funds can cover.  In California this results in money being taken from the general fund to make up the difference.  This issue has helped bring some cites to bankruptcy and has become a major item of concern in the state.  Unions have resulted in much good for workers  over time, but they also were a huge factor in damaging the US steel and auto industries.  Walker didn't end the unions and has probably saved public employee pensions, rather than losing them through bankruptcy.
Walker is a scum-sucking pig, Lek.  And worse, unlike your jesus, he is real.

Oh, don't forget, while he is shitting all over the poor and middle classes.....

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story...ena-060415

Quote:MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Taxpayers would pick up half the cost of a $500 million arena for the Milwaukee Bucks under a financial deal that would rely on current and former team owners for the rest, Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday.

I gave you the FUX version so  you couldn't whine about the "liberal" media.

Meanwhile, as he gives $250 million from the public tit to his millionaire buddies....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answ...ew-budget/

Quote:A day before jumping into the race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, Walker on Sunday signed a new state budget that, among other things:

* slashes $250 million from the University of Wisconsin, one of the country’s great public institutions of higher education, and ensures that most K-12 school districts will get less funding than they did last year;

But, the good citizens of Wisconsin elected this fuckhead so the way I see it they deserve whatever is shoved up their asses good and hard.  Maybe next time they will pay attention?

Unlikely.
(July 19, 2015 at 5:02 pm)Lek Wrote:
(July 13, 2015 at 12:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The clown car has added Governor Scott Walker who to me is a special brand of asshole who has gutted labor to pay for more tax breaks for the rich!

In California and other states the cost of public employee retirement payouts is higher than the pension funds can cover.  In California this results in money being taken from the general fund to make up the difference.  This issue has helped bring some cites to bankruptcy and has become a major item of concern in the state.  Unions have resulted in much good for workers  over time, but they also were a huge factor in damaging the US steel and auto industries.  Walker didn't end the unions and has probably saved public employee pensions, rather than losing them through bankruptcy.

That's bullshit about unions damaging auto and steel. Unions are the reason that America's middle class grew at the rate it did and gave consumers the buying power that made those industries grow into what they where. Those industries along with the rest of the manufacturing sector fell victim to outsourcing and globalization.
(July 19, 2015 at 6:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh, don't forget, while he is shitting all over the poor and middle classes.....

Gotta love that fiscal conservatism. It would be funny that voters are dumb enough to fall for that shtick if it weren't so destructive.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 19, 2015 at 6:44 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(July 19, 2015 at 5:02 pm)Lek Wrote: In California and other states the cost of public employee retirement payouts is higher than the pension funds can cover.  In California this results in money being taken from the general fund to make up the difference.  This issue has helped bring some cites to bankruptcy and has become a major item of concern in the state.  Unions have resulted in much good for workers  over time, but they also were a huge factor in damaging the US steel and auto industries.  Walker didn't end the unions and has probably saved public employee pensions, rather than losing them through bankruptcy.

That's bullshit about unions damaging auto and steel. Unions are the reason that America's middle class grew at the rate it did and gave consumers the buying power that made those industries grow into what they where. Those industries along with the rest of the manufacturing sector fell victim to outsourcing and globalization.

You're right that unions were instrumental in the growth of the American middle class, but by the mid 70s they were striking to obtain wages equivalent to college-educated professionals, and cushy pensions, just for standing on an assembly line and performing simple repetitive tasks.  At the same time they were making crappy cars while the Japanese were making better quality cars at lower prices.  The same with the steel industry.  To this day, these industries are still struggling to finance the pensions obtained by the unions back then.  I worked in a steel mill the summer before I started college and, though I did some some hard work, I also spent spent more than a few workdays trying to look busy because I was assigned to some "do nothing" position that wasn't needed, but was required by the labor contract.  The fact is that the big unions had gotten out of control.  The pendulum had swung too far.
Yes, how dare them for trying to secure a better wage for themselves.  The nerve, like factory workers are some kind of essential component of modern civilization or something!  What;s next, garbage men refusing to pickup trash unless we stop forcing them to live in it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The PR Wing Of The GOP BrianSoddingBoru4 175 13402 June 18, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 823 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump Train runs Biden Bus out of Texas! WinterHold 18 1319 November 2, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Now the GOP trots out dirt on Hunter Biden onlinebiker 89 5638 October 21, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Low Can the GOP/POTUS go? OP/ED Brian37 15 959 March 29, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1350 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4558 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  All migrants are violent according to GOP.... Brian37 0 269 August 23, 2018 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  WSJ Demands GOP Leadership Strip the WLB of Tarriff Powers Minimalist 6 659 June 9, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist