Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Church in Norway ordered to pay $5.1 million for fraud
Catholic Church in Norway ordered to pay $5.1 million for fraud
[Image: Catholic-Church-in-Norway-ordered-to-pay...-fraud.jpg]
The Trefoldighetskirken [Holy Trinity Church] in Oslo, Norway. The diocese is appealing a claim by city officials that the church pay $5.1 million in compensation for participating in fraud practices.

OSLO, Norway, July 1 (UPI) -- The Catholic Church is appealing a claim from government officials in Oslo, Norway that the church pay $5.1 million in compensation for participating in fraudulent practices.
The Oslo diocese, its bishop and its financial officer are accused of fraudulently registering thousands of people on its membership lists as to receive greater subsidies from the government.
Norway, predominantly Protestant, permits religious organizations to apply for and receive federal subsidies based on their membership amounts.
The Olso diocese registered about 65,500 new members between 2010 and 2014 and more than 56,500 people of that total were registered under disputed methods, according to Olso government officials. The diocese received more than $6 million in national subsidies during that time.
The church is accused of using telephone catalogs to look for Polish or Spanish names and then tracking down their resident registration numbers in Norway before registering them as members of the church without their consent.
The church's offices were raided in February on suspicion of "aggravated fraud."
Lisa Wade, acting administrative leader of the diocese, recently said "we have a completely different understanding [of the law] than the [county governor]," adding that the case is "legally complicated."

[Image: upi_logo_ndc.png]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Catholic Church in Norway ordered to pay $5.1 million for fraud
The diocese -would- have a completely different understanding of the law, now wouldn't it............ This is unsurprising, the church has been padding it's stats. Why would a government award subsidies based upon those stats to an organization -known- to cook the books in the first place? It's silly, and they share responsibility in any potential misappropriation of funds.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Not surprised at all. Hey Catholics try this. Collect all of the newborn names from hospitals and register them. State that god told you they would all be Catholic abd therefore not your fault.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
fuck em c:
Wait - the Catholic church is fraudulent?  I feel faint with shock and horror.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Shame on Norway for underwriting religion in the first place. If the pew warmers can't make a go of it, close 'em down.

Might as well take money out to the grill pit and burn it.

Fucking maroons.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The diocese is still $900,000 to the good too. Fuck, goddam it!, take back all you gave them, and THEN fine them $5 million on top of that.

The government is still rewarding bad behavior, the catholics will do it again.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FCKBLM license plate ordered recalled onlinebiker 45 2337 July 27, 2022 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  17 Million Mink to be executed Foxaèr 9 399 November 6, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Bannon behind bars accused of fraud. Brian37 28 1410 August 21, 2020 at 10:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 416 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 937 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Government to pay pastors' salaries with relief funding Foxaèr 7 573 April 9, 2020 at 9:09 am
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 445 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
  "The 1 Billion Dollar Fraud" this fall on ABC Brian37 0 245 May 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 438 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Banksy painting self-destructs after selling at auction for $1.4 million Seraphina 6 811 October 7, 2018 at 7:53 am