Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Daily Show....and Poor Discriminated Against Xtians....
The Daily Show....and Poor Discriminated Against Xtians....
in fucking Arkansas no less.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/ifkeox...n-arkansas

Again, hope our European cousins can see it.

If not, try Hidemyass.com and use a proxy server in the US.
RE: The Daily Show....and Poor Discriminated Against Xtians....
Holy crap!  I can't believe that fucktard was willing to go on national TV and make himself look that stupid.

Christians are oppressed just because another group is now protected?  They need to stow that shit.  Dodgy
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Nice catch. Love to see the flock that he leads. The xtians need to rally around this type of staggering mental ability!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Facepalm

Embarrassing, but entertaining. It's sad to see good people be duped by the bible so profoundly. At the same time, people should know from personal experience, or just having common sense, that the lgbt community is not hurting anyone, and shouldn't be discriminated against. I could never adhere to that type of bigotry, even as a young kid, raised as a catholic.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Banging Head On Desk
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
I caught this last night on the show and loved it so much that I just had to yell about it in the shoutbox.

Good find, Min.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Eureka Springs, Arkansas is a charming little town. I have been there. You can read about it and see some pictures:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Springs,_Arkansas

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
The video is included in this website, in case the "rights" issue interferes in your country.

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/07/the-dai...ion-video/
It's fun to see John pull the gloves off a little bit now that he's retiring. He's not afraid to piss a few more people off now.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
'Nightmarish, hellscape, sin palace Thunder-Dome of gay.'  The town should put this on their city limit signs.

Boru

addendum:  And how fucking AWESOME was the old lady??
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24802 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1137 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 9618 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Someone, Show me Evidence of God. ScienceAf 85 11521 September 12, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just to show that the 'Murricans don't have the monopoly on christian crazy GUBU 5 1694 April 13, 2016 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Arguments against Deism and for religion. Mystic 32 12669 March 12, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion is a poor source of morality Cecelia 117 17079 October 10, 2015 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Reza Aslan on The Daily Show Saxmoof 5 1480 May 16, 2015 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  UK TV show starts next week- Meet The Mormons vodkafan 11 3762 June 23, 2014 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole Rwandrall 320 224519 March 14, 2013 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda